1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightclubbing!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoBabyGoGo, Mar 22, 2009.

1. GoBabyGoGo

When me and my straight friend turn 18 (only a couple of months now!) we’re planning to hit up some nightclubs in Sydney. I’m pretty keen to go to an industrial/Goth club, just because I really love the heavier music. (!)

Nightclubs are pretty much pick-up joints, right? I’ve never been to one, but just from what I’ve heard they sound like it... So me and my friend are going to try to chat up a guy/girl respectively. The thing is I’m worried that there might not be any gay guys at an industrial club! I try to disregard stereotypes, but the fact is photos of guys there look really tough and macho.

So, me being rather pessimistic and having a good imagination, I imagine him getting some crazy Goth girl real easily, and abandoning me. Left to fend for myself, I nervously approach a straight guy, and, a little drunk, start flirting with him, and end up getting bashed!! Not a fun night...:tears:

So, should we go to a more conventional, more mixed/gay friendly club? (Do any exist? – he wouldn’t come with me to a predominantly gay club!) Or am I just imagining the worst? How should I approach a guy? (Know if he’s gay?)

2. davo-man

Well, I don't really flirt with people at straight clubs, unless it's painfully obvious they're gay...or they're the bartenders :grin: Flirting with the bartenders is HELL fun. And I would disagree with saying that clubs are primarily for picking up. My group's primary goal is to have fun drinking and dancing, and if picking up is in there, the more the merrier, but we're not sad if we don't.

Anyway, personally, I wouldn't flirt with guys at an industrial club, unless they're quite obviously into men, but good luck if you do :grin: Just try to get a feel for him (metaphorically) before you go for a feel of him (physically) :grin:

3. -Michael-

There's a gay guy in almost all clubs.

Every night out for me leads to some lad trying to dance with me (it's sounds big headed, but if you see the state of them...you'd know different)

4. Just Adam

best way to approach a guy is at the bar just lean on bar ask bar tender for a drink u see a hot guy flash him a smile if he returns the interes go over say hi worst youll get nocked back try again. as for clubbing never been to an industrial event before theyre good though from what i know not all cpsy and laid back as a night club bit more edgy rougher more fun

5. pokeypanda

Yea!!
    Almost everytime I go out I see AT LEAST 1 gay guy in the club!

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

There's usually going to be at least one gay guy in the club who got dragged by friends and is hoping to meet anther gay guy.

7. Just Adam

i never find them i feel sidestepped now

8. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Truth is... always go into a club with the attitude and the intentions on having fun and relaxing....what happens happens. you'll find someone like u everywere you go... its just when u have the attitude and hopes to find someone ...you want be able to find someone....go and have a good time...try not to worry about picking someone up..... its your first clubbing experience. Im young but...ther are 3 major 21 and under clubs that i go to every weekend. And i know that its mostly filled with straight people...so it would be hard to dance with them... ease your way into the situation! have fun!

9. Jim1454

I think TV and movies like to depict clubs as great places to meet people but I don't think they are, really. It's loud so it's hard to actually talk to someone and get to know them.

I'd also say that if you're not at a gay club, I'd refrain from hitting on guys. The odds are very much against you. Unless you have some kind of sign on your forehead that reads, "I'm gay, even though I'm at a straight club with a straight guy who is hitting on women" I don't think anyone will likely know you're gay. And likewise, unless they have a similar sign, I'd assume them to be straight.

At the same time, I think people could be a little more friendly at clubs. There's no reason why you can't strike up a conversation. Just don't expect it to go far with many people.

10. GoBabyGoGo

Hmm so is this one guy likely to be one that i WANT to meet, or overly obvious and flamy?? And at a goth/industrial club? Should be really fun, im looking forward to the atmosphere

And you have to have a good long chat to people before you stick your tongue down their throat :grin: Me and my friend are just really keen to get some action!!

Was thinking about wearing a nice studded belt, fitted jeans, and perhaps a rainbow wristband? lOl Is that enough? Is that a good idea?? Of course, i'd have to wear all black to fit with the goth dress code :rolleyes:

11. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    be you and have fun!!!

12. Grantious

I dont like straight clubs they freak me out hahahahaah
    but ily gay clubs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: