1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Scentedcandle, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Scentedcandle

What a really bad day. The stupid girl i am like head of heals for just donest know im alive. Shes amazing but sometimes i just wish i had never met her beacuse she has just runed everything in my life without knowing it. Its hard to be in the same room as her or even look at her without wanting her soo much it hurts! I know that she cant be expected to love me back or even know that i feel this way but it just makes me wanna scream. Iv tryed being with other guys to get my mind of her and it work but only till they leave and then its her again, how am i ment to get over her is i dont want to. please i need some help!:help:

2. Greggers

(*hug*) I dunno what to say, honestly. It sucks i know, im head of heels for alot of guys but they either obviously dont feel the same way or dont even know im alive.

I found the best thing to do is try and reason with myself. Bring my head down from the clouds, slap it, and say "get real! never going to happen!". Either that, or i accept the fact that crushing is normal and i just...let myself crush. As long as it does not get too obsessive.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been there. Absolutely been there, and it really hurts. The only thing that's really worked for me is giving it time while telling myself "no, this can't happen and it isn't going to happen", and trying my hardest to not drift off into idealised fantasies, because those would just make me want her more.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Seeing others is good! Keep doing that. Maybe also try getting to know others. Maybe try joining a club, LGBT support group, or an activity in your community. Meeting and getting to know others could also help in moving on.

Another thing that you could try (and which helped me a lot in getting over someone) is not fighting against the thoughts/feelings when they pop up. The more we fight against our thoughts/feelings and the angrier we get, the more they will intensify. When you do something and you start thinking about her, acknowledge that the thoughts and feelings are there but keep on doing the things you were doing. Keep yourself busy so that your mind stays preoccupied with other things. Eventually you will be able to move on. If possible create some distance. Keep the your contact with her at a minimum.

I hope this helps a bit!