1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

religion + homosexuality = possible?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alex19, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Alex19

so, ive seen many a gay ppl struggle with their sexuality b/c of their religion (in this case, christianity) and decided to help out those who may be having a difficult time.
    so, i did some looking and found something that may help:
    http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/camp_out/videos.jhtml
    its very insightful. it helped me out quite a bit and it may do the same for others.

p.s. i think jesse's totally hot! hehe...

2. Amy

Amy

Religion+homosexuality=Amy

3. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Cant watch it, cant be played outside the US...

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Link didn't work for me.

5. Just Adam

link worked for me my isp actually does something for once..hmm gay bible camp personally id rather just gay camp two guys under the stars by a roaring log fire feeding each other marshmallows * sigh* i can dream :slight_smile:

6. Greggers

Whoa i think i can watch this in Canada...

Thank you for the link <3

Like amy, Religion+homosexuality=greg

7. Greggers

...and nvm. The add plays, but the video is only in the US *madgreg*

8. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my view religion is what ever you want to make it. The whole point of religion is to guide you on a moral path and help you be a better person (although my athiest friends would disagree with me). I've been brought up with religion but it doesnt really play a big part in my life anymore, mainly because of my sexuality....the catholic church is not quite as accepting as other christian denominations. The best thing to do is find a church that suits you, not one that you were born into. Following your faith should be something you believe in wholeheartedly and the right church will help you with that.

9. jotheoneandonly

well im happily into hot dancing girls, and a christian.

god loves everyone doesn't He?
    well it says so in every song ever written about worship.

10. Alex19

sorry if the link doesnt work for all... it works for me. ill have to come up with something...
    if all else fails, go to logoonline and look it up in the movies section. its called camp out (so not ironic, right?)

#10 Alex19, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  11. Jim1454

I have developed my own understanding of God and have reconciled that with my homosexuality. Religion is (I think be definition) organized, and not all religions are OK with homosexuality. But some are. Elements of the christian church certainly.

12. Shevanel

Religion + Bisexuality = Joey :slight_smile:

13. Alex19

i was waiting for someone to replace 'homo' with 'bi'. thanx joey :slight_smile:

14. Ronnie92

I fought and conquered ^_^ I know for a fact God doesn't hate me, and sometimes that fact alone is enough to help me through a day.

Bisexuality+Christianity=Yours truly

15. Just Adam

religion + adam = nooo please no .... more...singing * pass's out*

16. Bryan44

Wow, I thought this was so inspirational, thanks for posting this Alex. Religion and homosexuality is one of the biggest things that I have a problem with. I just dont dont know how to cope with combining the two, but seeing these kids have such strong spiritual and faith backgrounds gives me a lot of hope that one day I will finally be able to accept this part of me. I wish I could go to that camp sooo bad. The videos really opened up my eyes to see that I have to be strong and stand up for what I believe in based on my own experiences and not feel like shit because of what other people shove down my throat. Amazing, I think that the people who run the camp deserve so much credit for all they do. It gives other GLBT people like me hope.

17. Amy

Amy

*giggles*

18. EM68

Foe me I reconciled my relationship with god a while ago. I know that there are several denominations christian and non christian that will never accept homosexuality. For me that okay. Personally I am not too sure if I will beable to step into a catholic church again. Maybe sometime in the future.

For me it is God + Homosexuality = Ed's faith.

19. Peter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a practising christian and gay. I believe that God created us lovingly, and part of our being is our sexuality. The Bible is so often misquoted to attack homosexuality by right wing, homophobic "christians" who are too ignorant to understand the theology of the scriptures. God condemns abusive relationships; God does not condemn loving relationships between people, whether or not they are of the same sex. To be homophobic is anti-gospel. Of course, the church has been guilty of oppressing gay people, a history which is quite shameful. But parts of the church, including the church I belong to are working hard to reconcile and welcome gay people, as Jesus would and does. It is important to recognise a difference between religion and spirituality and faith. I express my faith through organised religion as this is my preference, but spirituality can be expressed in a number of ways. I believe God loves ALL people unconditionally. Where there is love, there is God; when two people love each other it reflects the nature of God, whether those people are a man and woman, two men or two women. I thank God He made me and loves me as I am; Gay and loved.

20. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Meh. I dropped religion.
    Who needs all that spiritual mumbo jumbo to feel great about living?
    I guess you can go through the trouble of lying to yourself more and more to justify your existence. The bible is true, but it's written by men who kind of knew what was happening most of the time. God exists and the only reason we can't see any proof is because he doesn't want to give us proof. The excuses are just ridiculous after awhile.

It's like LastThursdayism. The whole world was created last Thursday and everything you remember was just put there to make you think the world is older.

In any case, I don't see the need to reconcile a fact (bisexual) with fiction (religion). :grin: