1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so stupid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bob4carl09, Mar 23, 2009.

1. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

I'm feeling like such an idiot. I planned to do it at the end of the week, come out to my two best friends. I wanted to take them out to dinnner to this place we used to go and tell them at the end of the week when my friend got back, cus during the week heworks and stays in London. I'd even started planning what I was going to say.

But he had a car problems, so he had to take the day off work and isn't going away til tomorrow, so we ended up going out for food and he took us to this place. I started freaking out, I felt so ill I couldn't eat and they both knew something was up cus I was really off, but I just panicked like everything I'd planned was no longer in my control. Now I just feel stupid, cus I coulda done it already! I hate myself, I can;t believe I chickened out.

2. Jim1454

Oh man! (*hug*)

Don't beat yourself up. You obviously weren't ready. If you had been ready, you'd have told them, and you didn't. So, tell them another time. Or tell them separately. Or pick up the phone and call them now. They probably know you were freaked out about something, and are wondering what it was...

Just don't beat yourself up. It accomplishes nothing.

3. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (*hug*)dude its ok....actually ...perfectly natural!!! you are afraid how they may react to this imformation. Its ok ....and your not stupid... there will be other oppertunities to tell them...dont sweat it. YOUR HUMAN!!!

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dont kick yourself too much. You'll have another opportunity, and then it will feel right.
    (*hug*)

5. MyLife134

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree with silas99, you shouldn't be so mad at yourself! Coming out it the hardest part, and you should be proud for just trying! And it's ok to be nervous. Also you are going to have plenty of oppertunities to tell them. Good luck!

6. Just Adam

you need to do it in your own time you werent ready stick to your plan tell them your sorry about the other day and to make up you want to take them for a meal and then tell them

hope this helps
    x

7. EM68

Don't feel bad.(*hug*) When you are ready to come out to your friends you will do it. There has been times when many of us backed out in coming out. Its no big deal.

8. Just Adam

tell me about it ive been backing out for 2 years lol

9. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

I'm making things worse! I put on my facebook status "i am such an idiot and need to start being honest", and he's messaged me twice. I've had to turn my phone off cus I don't think I can face it tonight.

I don't know what to do. My instinct is to try and backtrack cus that's all I know, but I am so tired of hiding this, I guess I'm just gonna wait til the morning and face the music. It's tricky though cus the two friends go out, so if I only tell the one I feel like I'm gonna cus a divide between them if I ask them to keep it quiet, even for a few days.

10. Just Adam

aww man i wish i could hug ya its hell keeping these things bottles. u need to tell them together wether you go out for that meal or jsut invite them round for a drink or something let them know so you can be honest with yourself

look after yourself and good luck

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I'm making things worse! I put on my facebook status "i am such an idiot and need to start being honest", and he's messaged me twice. I've had to turn my phone off cus I don't think I can face it tonight.

I've told this story here before, but I think it's worth repeating again.

One day, my sister came home from school. She may have been five or six years old. And we could see something was bothering her. We asked her a couple times if anything was wrong, but she kept avoiding the issue. Finally, she burst out crying. Yes, she admitted, something had happened at school. Something terrible. We tried to get her to tell us what the problem was, but she kept saying "It's too horrible." Finally, bit by bit, she told us the story.

Seems a few weeks ago, she had brought her lunch to school. And in her lunch, she had brought a pear. But she ended up not being hungry enough to eat the pear. No problem. She put it in her cubby near the front of the classroom, meaning to eat it the next day. But then she put something in front of it, and forgotten it was there.

Now it was a few weeks later, and the pear had gone bad. It had in fact turned black. And she was scared to reach in and throw it away. But if she didn't do it, everyone would hate her because she had a yucky black pear in her cubby.

...seriously. That was the awful truth that was "too horrible" to tell any of us.

Right now, you're crying, you're shutting your friends out, but leaving cryptic notes that the horrible truth is too awful to bear. And frankly, you've got a goddamn black pear in your cubby. :slight_smile:

Text your friend. "I'm gay." Then it's over. :slight_smile:

Lex