1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i really wanna come out but i cant

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ruby421, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ruby421

i feel a nawing at me, my sister is always making jokes too loudly, and my mom is acting as if she knows, but there my dad is, acting as if he doesnt have the faintest idea, talking to me about how gay people are mentally ill, yet i still want to tell him, becuase we are close, and i am sick of lying, its making me feel physically sick, and i am just scared that he will find out or i will fuck up and say something, i dont know how i am gonna make it 3 more years so i can move out, i dont know how i am gonna be able to have a girlfriend someday, or how i will ever be able to tell someone who i would do anything for that i am in that group he says is going against god, i am just so tired, what should i do, how can i keep listening to this for 3 more years?

2. CoalFiredSoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there bud, hopefully you're still online or will be soon, and before I say anything I want you to know that we're here for you.

I know it feels like he's stuck in his ways, but people will often surprise you if they know someone who is LGBTIQ+ in their lives. It strips away a level of naivety and reminds them of the humanity and proves the legitimacy of love that isn't, well, heterosexual. At the end of the day remember that it is only ever up to you to decide when to come out to him, but know that nobody is truly set in their ways.