1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let someone out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CGGuy, Sep 27, 2016.

1. CGGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone,

As school has started -has been a few weeks-, but I think there is someone that is gay in the 9th grade.

Everything started like a week ago when I got to really talking to him because previously it was occasional greetings, but today, everything has changed. I took a chance and stayed late in school with him, we kept talking for hours, he opened up to me, heck he even told me about every little thing in his life.

The thing is he is so adorable and good. Like he told me he was abused in his previous school and that he had a rumor that he wants to have sex with a girl (We are in a Muslim country) so basically it ruined everything for him. He before that told me that he feels bad masturbating and that he has bad habits, he was so shy. But I felt really well that he opened up to me.

Now to the point, he stares at me for long. I looked up for "the stare" for way too much, to realize the stare is something that you know when you know. Not a regular one, you just feel it. He smiles at me much. I mean, I am so sure he is gay, but for sure I am not outing him, but I need to get him to acknowledge things. Like not everything is forbidden, like how can he accept himself I mean he still feels guilty for masturbating. I don't wanna ruin his life by having sex with him. It will make him more knotted than he is.

So the thing is here, should I tell him that I am gay, and see if he opens up? But I think it is too early. Or at least, let him stop being so embarrassed by things that are normal but religion condemns. But still, I don't want him to drop out his beliefs and become an Atheist not that it is a bad thing, but it will be too much pressure on him. any idea or solution? anyone ran in a similar situation??

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2016 at 09:02 PM ----------

Just as we are in an LGBT community, probably most of you have watched The Way He Looks, I am like Gabriel and he is Leo. I just imagine it that way. It is like we are both afraid of saying anything. But I am very ok and accepting of everything. He is like thinking curious and thinking if he did it, he will be in hell. or worse because our society is pretty much homophobic and manhood masculinity based. and being gay is crossing both.