1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sexiross, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I want a sweet boyfriend...but it "Seems" that the only sweet guys are the ones that take the time to talk to me on the computer. And i like some of the guys on here that are sweet enough to take the time to talk to me and make me laugh.Will it be wrong for me to ask them if they wanted to cyber date me?:bang::bang::bang:

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Ah yes. The classic question of whether or not you should date someone you don't know.
    I know this question well enough and unfortunately, the answer isn't the one you want to hear.

You should not cyberdate anyone. It just doesn't work. First off, you can only spend time with them when you are on the computer. It's not exactly a great bonding activity. The next important issue is safety. Since you have never met this person, chances are they may not be the person you thought they were. Sure, he says he is sixteen and buff and pretty, but he just might be a 'she' and she might just be a goblin. And thirdly, the relationship will never progress. You may become increasingly attached to this person, but you can never really do anything about it. You can never really know a person via text.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    - Plato

My advice is this: Don't worry about dating if there is no one you know to date. You will eventually meet someone who doesn't require an internet connection. Don't run to the internet in hopes of finding everlasting longdistance love. Just enjoy being single.

#2 Numfarh, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  3. Kirakishou

It's not wrong and it's not impossible. Usually I find it a bad idea if both parties don't meet up soon. Physical contact is extremely important in a relationship; it won't last long without some form of it.

4. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    see...ill like to start off cyber date ...then gradually meet them on the phone....then in person.

5. Zac4

just know the pics they send u mite not be totally accurate :icon_bigg

6. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    lol ill keep that in mind