1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you guys ever try to get caught?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by marri, Mar 24, 2009.

1. marri

Do you ever try to get caught? for those of you who havn't been outted yet, because sometimes I feel like leaving this site open for my dad to find...

or I drop hints to certain people

etc

but I know that coming out is not a good idea at the moment... not before I figure things out, it would be a bad idea but I still want to by mistake..?

2. Pendrin2020

Yes, I've felt like that.

No, I didn't act on it.

Coming out is something you want to do face to face and honestly. It's about having enough comfort with who you are to share it, If your uncomfortable enough to do it like that, I'd wait and find some people to talk to about it.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of did back when I was just starting to come out. I'd make subtle comments hoping that someone would call me out on it. Nobody ever did, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

4. Normalguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh I have actually done that recently! I totally know what you mean. I sometimes "accidentally" leave stories I write (that are about a gay teenager growing up...so let's face it...me. I believe I even use my own name in it!?) Anyway, I used to leave the stories all over my room and hope that they will find one and ask about them.

I always drop hints to people too and it somehow just doesn't work. I mean I would answer them if they asked I guess. I don't know.

I agree though, I think making sure you can control telling people is a good idea...for your own sake and for theirs. I guess I always felt like doing those things would make it easier to tell them if my friends or parents just...asked about it.

5. VanceA

My father walked into my room while i was on the 'hot guy game' thread, I've never clicked minimize so fast. Im waiting for a good time to talk to them about it. Not having them find out on there own.

6. marri

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: this is all comforting...

you guys put it well.. i do want it to be on purpose, and honest, I think thats best

and it feels like sort of a cop out to let people ask me about it

hahaha, I know what you mean!

7. Thisisnew

I don't try to get caught on EC but I would like to get asked the question are you gay it would be helpful lol :slight_smile:

8. techie01

I have a few times but I am sure it will come up again but what can you do really? Just pretend it never happened? I think that is the worst thing :\

9. Mestiz0

I have actually considered just looking at some sort of "gay" related site while my mom walks by in the room or something....but once that moment came, I totally freaked out and clicked "Home" at the top, which brings me to Yahoo.com.

It just doesn't seem like the right way for me to come out to her. She needs everything to be explained thoroughly to her. :bang:

10. Greggers

I have steered a few convo's in that direction for the sake of someone guessing. The second friend i came out to i basically forced the convo in that way without saying it until she asked "So your crushing on someone, who is it? Is it even a girl? ...is it a guy?" and i admitted it.

....but shes one of the most accepting/supporting people i know so its all good :slight_smile:

11. Crazyfoo

When I'm talking to friends I sometimes say, "Oh, *Male celebrity* is pretty sexy." or to another guy friend "I'd bang you", "Let's go have some crazy sex" and I call some of them Baby. ;P I never really mean it though
    and yet no one tells me anything =\
    they just laugh...
    well, I guess I do say it in a joking ways most of the time.
    I guess that's about all I do.

12. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I've wanted to...I've really wanted to. The other day I was on the "Hot Girl Game" thread and my brother walked in and yelled to scare me and to see what I was looking at...and I honestly screamed at the top of my lungs and slammed my hand on the monitor to shut it off. That's how much of a chicken I am about it.

I've tried leaving subtle hints, but nobody really says anything about them. Except for two. Once I was talking about how brunette women are more attractive than blondes, and my dad replied half-jokingly, "Are you sure you're straight?" I tried to cover it up by not answering completely and ended up babbling jibberish. (I don't think he noticed, thankfully.) And then another time my mom decided to talk about all the guys who like me at school (my mom, I think, has been suspecting for a looooong time...even before I would let myself accept it), and she said, "Katherine, you have great guys at your school who would line up to be with you. And you're not interested in any of them. Do you maybe like girls?" I got really nervous and, yet again, didn't answer directly, instead asking, "Mom, do you THINK I'm a lesbian?" Then SHE didn't answer directly, either: "I want you to know that IF you are, it's okay to tell us about it." But I didn't.

Gahh...I suck.

13. crystaltriforce

yeah i have left the room with EC's welcome page and my profile page on the laptop where everyone can see it, no one has noticed. :bang:

14. littleninja

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've left all kinds of hints. Some very obvious, others more subtle. I think I was hoping that they'd start wondering, and start going through the process of accepting before I actually came out.

In the end, just over a month ago, I finally wrote them a letter (I live in a different province) and they were completely blown away. They had no idea. Except for my sisters, who had their suspicions.

15. aerwolfen

i do everyday at work making comments and such,they pas it as a joke,i have been dropping hints for years,it wasn't until recently that i came out from actually meeting someone then coming to terms that all i ever said wasn't a joke,i meant it all,i haven't yet felt it comfortable about coming out to my co-workers who are the only people left that don't know,perhaps i will let it slide to one and let the rumor mill do the rest.

16. Nameless Hope

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes...I find myself dropping hints sometimes. It makes me feel petty and stupid, but I do it anyway, without really thinking.

17. marri

yeah, I think thats why I try (chicken out) getting caught

18. Stuie

No one ever seems to pick up on those little hints though. They may go "Aha!" in hindsight, but don't generally seem to realise that you're gay from them. Oh well.

19. Just Adam

my family had the hints before even i knew i grew up eiffel 65 and 2 unlimited lol

20. lioness324

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Whenever I'm on EC and my dad walks past, I kind of do this "No, I wasn't looking at anything..." act as I hit minimize, hoping he'll ask, "what were you looking at?" He never does though.