1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of an odd situation here...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Khai, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Khai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've thought about coming out to my Mum and her partner for a while. I know Mum wouldn't really mind and she would accept it and I think my step Dad will to. I think my real Dad has already figured it out and he doesn't mind.

But my Mum's parents are the biggest homophobes in the world. They will not leave me alone about getting a hot boyfriend and what not. I am Bi but at the moment I would prefer a girlfriend. I guess I swing more that way. Anyway, basically I am scared to tell them. I know I don't have to and my Uncle has been hiding the face he is gay for as long as I can remember but I know they are going to figure it out somehow.

Anyway. Aside from that I go to an all girls Boarding school and I have the biggest crush on a friend of mine. I'll call her Luvia for now. She is Pansexual and (in my opinion) the prettiest person alive. Quite a few of my other close friends know I have a crush on her and, thank god, fully support me.

But my only problem is when I tell my Mum if she asks if why I am, or who made me realise I am Bi, I feel like I should tell her about my feelings for Luvia. And also how am I going to tell Luvia? I feel like she doesn't really talk to me anymore and it breaks my heart (I know it sounds stupid).

Anyway, any advice would be awesome. Thanks guys.

2. Khai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ummm... any advice? at all?

3. Linkmaste

You don't have to tell your mother about your crush. Some people find out just like that or a simple thought. Talk to your friend and just be straight up. Honesty is best policy. Is she out?

4. Halfwayout

Out Status:
    All but family
    Telling someone you like them is always scary, cause they might not feel the same way. But asking 'what if' and wondering what could have been is so much worse. As I'm getting older I'm learning that if you really like someone, often it's worth the risk. But equally consider ihoe you would feel if it did effect your friendship.

It's great that you think your mum, stepdad and dad won't mind. I'm happy for you :slight_smile:

I think the older generations often find it more difficult to understand and accept because it wasn't so open and free when they were younger. Hopefully they would learn to understand in time. You don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to, but if you do want to, tell them and understand that they may need a little time. If they don't accept it/you, that is their problem and not yours xx