1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP. Advice in Coming Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Elliotzt2000, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Elliotzt2000

Ok so before I start- content warning for depression and dysphoria

I need help. Like advice help. So I am starting to recognize that I have really bad depression because of being closeted. It makes me feel so bad when in my own household I hear the wrong name and pronouns every day. I also hate the fact that I have a female body, but other times I don't mind and I'm really confused. I really just need advice on when I should come out. Tonight is not an option, it's too late. Tomorrow could potentially work, and Friday or over the weekend (in terms of time when I could have my parents in the same room) I could. But I also fear that they'll lash out at me even if they don't mean it. I don't feel physically or emotionally unsafe, I'm just super apprehensive. I feel really bad about being trans because I'm not out to anyone really. I have so much pent up anxiety that I can't tell people about and I can't deal with it any more. Originally I planned to come out this summer, once I could be sure I felt this way but I'm PRETTY sure I am transgender now. Thanks for reading this far, and I know I didn't make much sense. Any help would be much appreciated.

~Elliot

2. Darthsam

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard but worth it I'm just recently out of the closet my self and I'm still adjusting to my new life. It's the best thing that I've ever done now I'm living my life the way I am it's up to you and on your terms the only thing I regret is I should have done it sooner

3. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Coming out is never pleasant and always anxiety inducing.
    My best advice would be to just do it but that's not really helpful is it?
    Maybe try coming out to someone else like a school counselor or an anonymous hotline first to make things easier for yourself.

#3 Cinis, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016