1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First lesbian crush! Help!!! :-\

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dangelica679, Mar 25, 2009.

1. dangelica679

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so im a girl and i have never been into girls, never had a crush on one or anything. but i have been working with this lesbian for about 5 months who is a little "butch" i guess you could call her .. she looks like a cute boy really, which is what im normally into.. guys. anyways we dont get to talk much cause we work in different departments but im really curious and whenever we talk, i get that feeling.. ya know like a crush. shes really cool and i get butterflies when i see her, i get a little jealous when she talks to other girls haha. im not really worried that i like a girl, i can accept that. but im straight and i dont know how to go about telling a girl that i like her. esp when we dont really talk much to begin with. and ive never told a girl that i like them before. this is all i can think about lately and its been stressing me out because i feel like i need to get this off my chest and tell her. i wanna hang out and see what its like. if someone has any advice, that'd be really helpful!! thanks so much! dangelica

2. Greggers

Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

...but this is SO not my department. Ill leave that up to the "L" in the LGBT :slight_smile:

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! My name's Maddy and I'm one of the Advisors here - feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk one-on-one :slight_smile:
    Heaps of people (including me) believe that very few people are 100% heterosexual or homosexual, and that most people are somewhere in the middle. People who've always figured they're totally straight can sometimes find they're interested in someone of the same sex - their orientation hasn't changed, they've just found the little bit of grey area they hadn't counted on. A close friend of mine always considered herself straight, until she met one certain girl - and they've now been together well over six years :slight_smile: It's totally normal, so don't worry (*hug*)
    When it comes to getting to know how, I'd suggest increasing the casual conversation to start with. If you can find out a bit more about her, you might find you have a few common interests, which can lead to more to talk about, and the more you talk to her, the better you'll get to know her. If you can become friends, that's awesome, and if from there it seems like there's a spark, you might think about seeing where else it can take you.

4. jsandoval1192

I suggest you slowly start talking to her more. Get to know her a little better, like what her likes and dislikes are, that sort of thing. Ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. I'm sure you two could be good friends and if you really feel that you want it to be more than you can tell her, im sure she'd understand and you never know if she might feel the same as well. I know you will come up with what to say or do, just don't worry too much about it and i can assure things will be fine. :]

5. dangelica679

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks this is helping a lotttttt!!!

6. Thisisnew

I agree with what's been said be friends and take it from there could be great. :slight_smile:

7. Lizz K

Yeah I agree with everyone else. Getting to know her first is the key. I can speak from her end here, too. (I don't know if that'll help, but we'll see :slight_smile: ). I recently met a girl who I totally like, and she always considered herself pretty straight. Nope. Not anymore. And it definitely helped that she was just straightforward with me and didn't play any games. She let me know, after we had gotten to know each other a bit, right up front that she's into me.

So...there you go? Good luck!!

8. dangelica679

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks a lot for your help!!!
    you know whats weird is... today that girl asked me to hang out tomorrow and got my number and has been texting me all night. she even said "i feel like such a dork, i was all nervous cause i didnt know what to say to you." sooooo i guess its beginning! im a little nervous to see how this goes!!! ;]

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

That's great! Enjoy the time with her and see how it goes.

10. littleninja

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Coffee. It's the non-relationship drink of choice. It's not a date, it's a caffeinated beverage. :wink:

11. lioness324

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ^what did that have to do with anything?

12. littleninja

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sorry, too random?

What I meant to say was, it's always acceptable to invite someone out for coffee without it being obviously a date. That way you have the opportunity to get to know a person without pressure.

Also, it's a Buffy quote. Which makes it automatically witty and hip. Don't kids watch tv anymore? :wink:

13. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Have a lovely time today! Just act natural like you would with anyone you like. It sounds like she might like you too. Oh, so cute! >.< Tell us how it goes.

14. Greggers

AAaaaah i heart buffy :slight_smile: Isnt that Xander, Season 1?

15. dangelica679

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    update:
    :] so we got lunch and went to my friends for a bonfire and we talked like we knew eachother forever. we have tons in common like tonnnnns and i told her that ive never even thought about dating a girl before, but im up for anything. she made me some cds of her favorite music and gave me a huge hug when i took her home. so i think its good!! im actually really excited to hang out again and hopefully it goes much further! :] only thing im nervous for is getting the point of touching girl parts haha and doing a good job. sooo that will be interesting! thanks for the support and ideas guys!

16. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    you'll do fine. i myself had my first girl crush freshman year of highschool i am now a junior and she just now found out lol props for being able to tell her ive never told anyone i was gay people just sort of heard when i dated this girl. soo good job and good luck :slight_smile: