1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm So Worried

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rosewater, Oct 9, 2016.

1. rosewater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. I'm a 14 year old lesbian who is terrified of my conservative Christian parents. I found out I was gay this year after years of confusion, and now I have a girlfriend! I'm really exited. I told a few friends at school about it and they were okay with it. I worry about my family though and in a way I feel bad for being gay, because if they find out I'll tear the family apart for sure. As far as I know, I'm the only LGBT member of the family.

I don't plan to come out, at least not any time soon, but would it be okay to stop communicating with them once I become an adult? It feels selfish, and I still love my family dearly, but I worry for my well-being. If they find out about me prematurely, I could have humiliating or possibly violent consequences. If I come out as an adult, they won't want to talk to me anymore. They won't love me anymore, and I just want to hide away and pretend everything will be okay.

Any advice?

2. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm in a situation frighteningly simular to yours. The best thing you can do is accept yourself (which you have. Whether they accept you or not is their choice. I understand it's a shitty answer, but there's just not much you can do in a bind like this. Just make sure you're safe and happy, my friend

3. rosewater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I'll try. :icon_bigg