1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fashionboy, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Fashionboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 15, a boy, and gay. The only person that knows is my best friend (girl). There is this really cute boy that I always flirt with and he is openly gay also. I do not know what to do since I haven't come out yet. My family is super religious and I am afraid that they will dishonor me because of who I am, if I come out to them. I am too afraid to come out to them. I was thinking that tomorrow is as good a time as ever to mention in since it is National Come Out Day. Any thought? Anything helps!! :slight_smile:

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You should come out when you're ready - not when some holiday tells you to. I think NCOD is great because it gives people an easy day to pick to come out, and drives awareness to the LGBT community. Are you ready to come out yet? That's the first question you should ultimately ask yourself. Decide if you're ready first, pick a date second.

If you think you're ready to come out, and you do come out today, let us know how it goes.

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    only come out when YOU are ready. if i were in your shoes i would not come out until you know you can take care of yourself on your own in case things go bad