1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slightly bad move

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gemerency, Mar 26, 2009.

1. gemerency

well, yesterday during the last hour of school, a student saw me chatting here on EC. he asked where the site was because here every other form of internet communication is blocked and he wanted to talk with people.

i told him he probably wouldn't like the site and that its for a different kind of person but he constantly insisted and i eventually caved and sent him a link.

now this kid is a little bit....slower than others. i looked over after i had sent him the link and he was already signing up. i asked him if he had even seen what the site was about and he didn't respond. i told him it was a gay website and he didn't respond a gain but i got an email from him a minute later on the schools student email. it went like this

him
    -----------------
    U are weird

me
    -----------------
    Not weird at all, just proud

him
    -----------------
    Why don’t u fuck a dude n be happy then

me
    ----------------
    I will later on you little homophobe

him
    ----------------
    U should email all of the Photoshop lessons u have done. What does homophobe mean?--

me
    ----------------
    1. No. cuz I don’t have em
    2. Homophobe is someone who hates or is afraid of gay people

him
    ---------------
    U are right I don’t want to hang with gay people

me
    ---------------
    Stereotypical bastard

him
    -------------
    Accuse me for only loving pussy

then it gets more violent and angry from there

understand that i have a short fuse for homophobic people and probably could have handled that better but i fear that now since he knows he might go and start starting roumors

basiclly i have a fear of being outed

any advice? :help:

2. Alex19

it probably wasnt to wise to give him the link, but who cares. if he has a problem, fuck him. and if ppl ask u, u could deny it if your not really ready for ppl to know just yet.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Unless you knew this student well, it probably wasn't the best idea to share it. But, with a name like Empty Closets...what else could it be? Maybe an apparel store...but come on. If he's being so nosy he should keep his shit to himself. Likely that he'll spread rumors too if he's a homophobe. But, its not the end of the world. And you're not going to be thrown in a dumpster with a blazing inferno. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You'll be fine. Its nice that you were honest, but I don't think either one of you handled the email thing very well.

4. xadude

you can always at least argue he signed up as well if u need too even though thats not the nicest thing to do... I just hope for u he doesn't out you, but if he is really "slow" as you said maybe he won't do it...and otherwise u just have 2 deny it..

5. ChopinFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think about why you fear being outed. Maybe that will help you come to terms with it. And if all else fails, you could always deny it like Alex said.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never wrestle with pigs. It just gets you as muddy as the pig...AND the pig likes it. :slight_smile:

When someone starts giving you grief, cut it short. Don't keep it up. "I don't want to hang with gay people" can be responded to with "That's OK. I probably don't want to hang with you, either." The end.

Lex

7. aerwolfen

there could also be another side to the story,perhaps the other kid actually likes guys but was too scared to admit it and was talking crap to avoid what he truely desires,you just might be very lucky and he may not say another word to anyone else,for he may fear what people will say for even being on the site,but yes the conversation could of been handled in a more mature way and ended more quickly,its almost secretly you wanted him to know and out you,so you wouldn't have to do it yourself,? but don't get too worked up about it,i think i will go just fine.

8. Greggers

Yea, i would not have gone about it that way heh, giving him the link or bitching a fit at him, but whats done is done.

Someone call in damage control!

...maybe you should send him an e-mail and apologize? Say its just the way you are, tell him you were honest with him and that should count for something, ask him not to spread it around, whatever you need to say to "cool the fire" you started here :frowning2:

9. Mestiz0

Like others have said, it probably wasn't the best idea to give him the link...but what's done is done. If others do ask you, I don't see a problem in admitting it dude. Just bringin up one of your quotes right now.

Then be proud man! If anyone has a problem, fuck them! (not literally though) :thumbsup:

I hope everything works out :icon_bigg

10. Thisisnew

Don't let it bother you people can be jerks and do be proud :slight_smile:

11. Peter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the fact that he had to ask what homophobia meant shows the level of intelligence of these bigots! You stay proud of who you are; you are clearly the better man, so don't stoop to his level.

12. gemerency

haHA, update! thank you all for the support. he emailed me today saying he didn't belive me. so i kinda dodged a bullet. thank you all again ^.^

13. LEOs curse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    its simple. just say that you cought him on the site and that when he saw this, he decided to act like you were the gay one. its simple reverse ethics. after all, he did go onto a gay chat website and even create a user ID.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>he emailed me today saying he didn't belive me.

Yeah, you lied about being on a gay website. You know how straight guys do that all the time. :slight_smile:

Lex

15. littleninja

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So much for getting caught? :wink: