1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not your typical gay situation...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by imhellonheels, Oct 12, 2016.

1. imhellonheels

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is all new to me so I'm a little nervous on what to do in the situation I am in. I just need a little advice on what to do from here and how to handle things.

I have been an open bisexual for about six years (actually been one longer) but within the last six months I have noticed that I have lacked interest in having sex with my husband. We have been together for coming up on two years in about a month. We have a beautiful daughter together and we are very happy. I have told him about my feelings of me being a lesbian just recently and he has said he just wants me to be happy. We both don't want to end our relationship because we care about each other too much and other than in the bedroom we work well together as a team. Actually since I have come out to him I feel as if our relationship has gotten stronger. He is okay with me feeling this way and we have worked out an agreement to both satisfy our sexual needs. We plan to live together and still be married and eventually have more kids. We just wouldn't have the typical marriage and we both are okay with this. I am very grateful to have him on my side.

My situation is not a typical one and here is where I need some advice. I would like to come out to my family and friends but I am a little nervous about it and would like to know how to handle it. I have no idea how our families would react and I am scared of losing them or of the things they might say to us because of it. I have hinted to my best friend about this and I am not to worried about what she will say or my other friends for that matter. I am more concerned about our parents. This is not only something that I have to say but I also have to be prepared on what our parents will say to my husband. We are both very nervous on how it will go. I just need to know how to prepare myself for how it goes and I also don't even know how to say it to them. Please help me with my so very odd situation.

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm happy that you and your husband have worked things out! He sounds like a supportive guy. My only question is, are you attracted to him romantically? It sounds like you might be; you could be a biromantic homosexual. I'm not saying it's for sure, but it could be a possibility.

As for coming out to your parents and others, I'd say just explain everything as much as possible. You don't have to go into the detail about the sexual side of things, but emphasize the fact that your husband knows and is okay with it. If they accepted you as bi, then there's no way they won't accept you as gay, they probably just want to make sure everything is okay and that no huge fights will break out.

3. imhellonheels

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I did some research on a bi-romantically homosexual because when I read what you said all I could think of is "What the heck is that?" and from what I have found that does seem to be where I fall. That seems to make more sense for how I am feeling because I do enjoy his presence in a partner relationship I just don't have interest in sex with him. And not just him but any male.

As far as coming out to my family. I maybe should have been more clear in my original post. His family has no idea that I am a bi-sexual. I just never felt the need to tell them and it was never brought up. My parents and grandparents are the only ones who know about me being a bi-sexual and they still do not acknowledge it. Even after six years to them it is just a phase. They have never wanted to talk about it even when I would bring home women and men. To them it was a joke and it couldn't be real.