1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing my fingers I don't chicken out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jblack, Mar 27, 2009.

1. jblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so I have decided that I'm going to talk to my Mom this weekend. Needless to say I'm freaked out. One minute I'm confident and thinking that in the end I will be SO HAPPY that I finally did it...and then the next I feel sick to my stomach and just want to back out.

I wrote a letter explaining everything, though I don't think I actually want to give her the letter to read - it's more about having it with me to make sure I say everything I need to say.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. I'm scared!!!!! I'm 99% sure she will be supportive...but I also know it's going to be really hard on her, that's the part that hurts me! My Mom has an insanely stressful job, her family is kind of insane and leans on her for EVERYTHING, and she just tries to please everyone...the result is that she's always really stressed out. I hate that I'm about to add one more thing to her plate.

2. You definitely could have just described my mother. Most of the time though through all the stress mothers still want to be there and supportive of their kids. That's how my mom was. I thought it was gonna be a disappointment, but it ended up being the complete opposite. I think you'll be alright =] good luck.

3. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (*hug*)Best wishes goes out for you dude.... when its all said and done... you know that it was for the best!

4. fanfreek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Best wishes to you :slight_smile:

I wish I had the courage.

5. xadude

Good luck! Hope all goes well and I hope you have enough courage to do it! But it can be so rewarding...

6. Mickey

Those of us,who have come out,can so relate to what you're going through.
    It may be one of the scariest things you have to do.
    Having said that,you say you think your mom will be okay with it. That's definitely a huge plus.
    Remember,she's your mom and she loves you,unconditionally. I give you much credit for wanting to share this part of you,with her.
    I wish you the best. I think,once you do this,you'll feel a great sense of relief.
    Please,let us know how it goes. We care.

7. EM68

Good luck! We are all rooting for you!

8. Alex19

good luck! im sure itll go well.

9. Bryan44

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jblack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good Luck!