1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mattyrusso, Mar 27, 2009.

1. mattyrusso

i feel kinda stupid asking for help but i dunno what else to do.

arrite well to start off, i dont know how other ppl's crushes work and if they're like mine but when i like someone, it's really distracting. it creeps into every aspect of my life. the probability of the guy i like right now liking me is just not good. it happened last year when he was a freshman and i saw him in the hallway. something about him just told me he was different. i dont know if i would say that meant he was gay but i just felt like he was different. then this year, he got put into my math class. everyday for the past few months, when i see him in the hallway he looks at me. then he looks at me in class. just kinda quick glances. everyday. sometimes i look back sometimes i dont. ok, thats all nice and well but hes a starting varsity hockey and baseball player. yeah i know, just cause he plays sports doesnt mean hes not gay but honestly, it doesnt happen that often.

and so, im stuck in this rut of seeing him everyday, me looking at him and him looking at me, with no way to just get to know him. i dont know what im really asking for. consolement maybe? that everything'll be fine with or without him? thanks for whatever you have to say to me.

2. Jim1454

Just talk to him!!! I know it's easier said than done, but SAY HI! What do you have to lose, really? He might actually be gay and think you're cute.

*Imagines you both secretly being bf/bf while be becomes the captain of the baseball team, and at the last game of the season, going for state championship, in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, bases loaded, and your bf the last at bat for your team, down by 3 runs... He hits one out of the park!!! And after his team has carried him around the bases, there you are, standing at home plate... Your eyes meet, his team mates put him down, and he rushes across home plate into your arms! You embrace one another and kiss passionately, much to the amazement of his team and the huge stadium of fans!!!...

*snaps out of it.

So take a chance and say hello. You never know what might come of it. :icon_wink

3. Alex19

for real. just talk to him. if hes in your math class, ask him a question and say u dont understand it when the teacher explains it. build on it from there.

4. Mestiz0

Haha wow dude! That would be amazing!

But yeah really. I know it is a LOT easier said than done, but you should just talk to him. And as suggested before...just bring up something you don't understand in your math class.

When you see him in the hallway you could also talk to him then. Just catch his eye and when he looks back at you just say "Hey, you're in my math class, right?"

And start a casual conversation from there :slight_smile: And then maybe ask if he has started on the homework yet. Say you need some help and ask if he wouldn't mind working together or something.

Best of luck to you dude :thumbsup:

5. EM68

Just ask him to hang out. Talk to him he may open up to you once you get to know him.

6. mattyrusso

hahahahahaha thatd be hilarious. yeah i guess u guys r right. ill try and talk to him on monday, see what happens

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>and so, im stuck in this rut of seeing him everyday, me looking at him and him looking at me, with no way to just get to know him.

You've got every way to just get to know him. :slight_smile: There's two rules for making conversation.

1. Find your common ground.
    2. Talk - and especially, ask questions - based on your common ground.

You ask questions because it forces interaction. People are programmed to answer questions, so they're more likely to continue interacting if they're given a question than if they're given a statement. Which of these are you more likely to say something to - a stranger commenting "Nice day", or one asking "Do you know if it's supposed to rain tomorrow?"

So think - what's your common ground? Actually, you've got a lot. He's in your math class. He plays for two sporting teams for the school you attend. So use those.

"How'd you do on the quiz on Friday?"
    "Did you write down the assignment for tomorrow? I got distracted and forgot."
    "Did you understand what (teacher) was talking about when he said...?"
    "Good game on Saturday. Does Westland High always play so rough?"

Lex