1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just How???!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustABisexual, Oct 19, 2016.

1. JustABisexual

Near to the Queen, but not near the Queen
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a situation that means I don't live with my parents. I still live with my biological sister but I also have a foster sister and mum. The thing is; I don't know how to tell them.

However much my Carer is supportive of gays and such, I'm not sure how she would think about me. I am not allowed boys to sleep over or be in my room with closed doors for certain reasons and I get that; I have come to terms with that these past few years, however, I don't think I would be able to manage without my female friends sleeping over or having to keep our personal conversations quiet because the door has to be left wide open. Don't even get me started on my gender -,- Have her question my choices on how to express myself are bad enough. I may seem reluctant to tell her but I do truly think I should tell her.

My sister (biological) knows everything and she is totally cool with that and I love that. However my foster sister I feel is more difficult. She plays around a lot and so flirty bants and stuff ("flirty bants and stuff" pretty much me in a statement) so I don't want her to suddenly see me differently and think that I like her and stuff. I don't know.

My close friends and boyfriend are totally okay with it! Some of them even said I look hot when I express myself as a boy and tell me that it isn't like I am a different person. They say I seem more confident when I express myself how I wish and they aren't orally supportive of me. My boyfriend, who is bisexual himself, finds it even better xD

Anyways, away from that tangent, should I tell my Carer? Will it help me at all???

2. Smores

I personally told my aunt I am bisexual because I live with her not my mom. My aunt was fine with it as she is with sexuality. As for gender, I've been questioning mine for awhile and I haven't said anything to her directly but I discuss gender around her a lot to gauge her response. So, I think you can tell your Carer about your sexuality but it's a choice. I personally felt like I was hiding something so that's why I came out. As for gender, I'd try casually bringing it up in discussions to see their response. I hope this was helpful.

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I know most careers in this part of the world (UK & Ireland) will have received some training on this subject. So she should be cool with it. If she isn't, tell her to go on one of the many courses run by some of the LGBT support organizations.
    It's her job to look after you regardless of your gender or orientation.
    The important thing about coming out is that you are doing it for you and no one else!

4. JustABisexual

Near to the Queen, but not near the Queen
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Smores. I'm happy to hear that you are open to your Aunt. Now that I think about it, being bisexual in care is probably a big deal, acceptable but it is going to cause a lot of issues. More so than I am experiencing so maybe not :/ Thanks for the advice! I'll try and talk to her more about gender and see how she feels about it ^~^

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2016 at 05:48 AM ----------

YermanTom. Thank you for that vWv Yeah, I feel quite a but better being reminded that she is trained in these kind of situations. I guess because the home I was in effort was a lot more... Bad? Then it was a lot harder for me to truly feel comfortable accepting who I was and who I identified as. So yeah, thank you :slight_smile: