1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Get Over Him

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Justindee13, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Justindee13

Theres this guy at my school probally the only gay guy there. i know his sister form basketball and so i got his number and started txting him and for days and stuff. Then i asked him if he wanted to hangout at school sometime hes a junior im a freshman. "no i dont want to be knnown as the gay guy, and i dont want people to asume stuff" it just shut me down and now he doesnt txt me back unless somethings wrong with my life like if i say i neeed help imm depressed. Every time i see him or think of him it makes me think my life. Weather i accept who i am and weather i want to be this person. Is there something worng with me questions like that i dont know wat to do. I really need help i need to get over him or tell him the truth what should i do please HELP!!!:bang::bang:

2. djt820

A thing to know: He's only one guy.
    If he seriously doesnt want to hang out with you because of his own selfish prick image, he is not worth your time.
    Survey says: Fuck him. (not literally of course.)
    You're gay and you should be happy with that. Though that last sentence is totally redundant, its true.

3. Justindee13

ok i totally understand that but how do i get over him

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few things.

First off, he may be the only gay guy at your school (although, odds are, he's the only KNOWN gay guy at your school), but there's no reason he has to be your template. To be gay isn't (necessarily) to be like him. Feel free to be yourself. :slight_smile:

It's quite common to be worried about "what people will think" when you're in high school. (God knows I was obsessed with it.) So it's understandable if he doesn't want to be "that gay guy". Sucks for you, of course, but there it is.

So what can you do? Stop leaning on him, I guess. If you get depressed, feel free to talk to other people - your other friends, your parents, your school counselor. If you have "gay questions", you've got us. :slight_smile: Delete his contact info, and start looking elsewhere for what you need.

Lex