1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Best Friend's Mom Came Out for Me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by galloptohope, Oct 20, 2016.

1. galloptohope

I have a best friend and I've known her my entire life. We call each other heart sisters. I tell her everything. I mean, she knew I was lesbian before I did. We text over SnapChat. Little did I know...her mom tracks all of her texts. The only thing my friend and I have discussed since the summer was our sexualities, etc. So in those texts...I revealed that I was lesbian and asexual and a whole lot about my crush. I'm talking really intense feelings and confessions. And...videos of dares in which I got to kiss her on the cheek. Her mom read all of this and neither of us had any clue. So...our parents have this rule that we can't text past nine but we did last night. I was upset about my straight crush and asked for advice, etc. Well her mom was not only angry that we stayed up really late but that I asked my friend for advice and as a result of us texting...my friend didn't finish her homework. So her mom told my mom, who she is really good friends with. I already had engaged in a semi-coming out and my mom said then that she was supportive and wanted to help me through this "confusing time" She thinks that her divorce with my dad and an inappropriate dance I went to is the reason I'm so "confused" but I'm not. She has no idea how long I've been questioning or anything. When I tried to tell her before that I was asexual she just said "no your not" I don't know what to do now that my mom knows EVERYTHING. She thinks my crush on this girl isn't real and I feel like everything she's said has countered the idea that she's "supportive" :tears::tears:

2. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't mean to be obnoxious here, just trying to help you figure yourself out, if you're lesbian you can't be asexual. Asexual means you have no sexual desires, lesbian means you have em for girls. Sorry again if this comes out badly! That's what I do a lot. No pun intended. Double on tundra. Mwaha. Cazzam. ...

Back to the point, that's gotta suck. I mean, I can imagine similar reactions if I came out, but still. Your mom sounds like she'd be accepting though. I'd try to talk to her, if she really doesn't think you are then she'll understand you're serious when you date and all that garbage. Or she's right, in which case this is all less complicated. Good luck, wishing you well!

3. Kann

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Asexual means that you don't feel anything sexual for other people. Lesbian means that you like girls. You can be both lesbian and asexual. That is, in fact, a thing.

Onto your post; I'm so terribly sorry that someone outed you before you were ready. It should be your choice when and how to come out, if you choose to do so at all. I really hope that your mother chooses to be supportive of you and your feelings.