1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Your Advice On Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DJHale, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! I'm a pansexual, gender fluid teenager. I have come out to most everyone about my sexuality, sans parents, but I have yet to come out as genderfluid to just about everybody.

My parents are very homophobic, and don't have anything to do with the LGBT community. My friends are very open and accepting, which is great, but tackling my family is my biggest concern...

I'm rather nervous about coming out, but I also want to be creative. If you have any ideas to share, or any of your personal stories, I'd love to know.
    Thank you in advance! :smilewave

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you could do what I did to my parents. Not that the reaction was good from them but, it definitely made my point loud and clear.

I went home in my drag (king) persona, with my girlfriend. never said a word, just french kissed in front of my parents.

When they asked if it was an act, I reply "nope, we're dating."

I knew it was going to be bad no matter how I did it so, i went for the biggest bang for the suffering I knew I'd have to endure for coming out but, I was done hiding, done pretending, done being miserable.

Ultra conservative, ultra religious parents simply are not going to take anything LGBTQ well. Do it however feels good to you because in the end, you're going to be the only one feeling good about doing it.

3. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @DAFriend,
    Thank you very much for replying!
    I really liked the experience you shared. It struck me funny. :slight_smile: I like the way you just did it. I honestly don't have that courage... I just (literally a few minutes ago) came out to my guy friend, (and crush) and by doing so, I nearly lost my breakfast. He took it very well (thank god). I'm usually very creative, but I just cannot come up with anything.

Thank you so much for sharing, your story gives me courage. :slight_smile: