1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhealthy obsession

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Enaithor, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Enaithor

I seem to have developed an unhealthy obsession with this guy at my school. It sucks. Everything I do or whatever I somehow manage to link back to him. The stupid thing is, I've never spoken to him in my life! I see him in the corridors a lot because of the way the timetables match up, but I doubt he even knows who I am; he doesn't really have reason to. And then I became even more obsessed when recently I found out that he is gay! And not even like rumour-type-gay, actual gay
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I want to talk to him I don't even know why but I do but I'm not confident enough, I need to be hotter!!
    Ahhhh what do i do!? :s

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! From what you have described it sounds like you have developed a crush on him. Now that you have found out that he is gay, a part of you has gone into overdrive. :slight_smile: Talk to him...or at least give it a try! The next time you see him in the hallway, smile and maybe just say "It's funny how often we bump into each other. Looks like we are having a similar time table" and see what he says. :slight_smile:

After wards he will remember you and might also say something when you two see each other in the hallway.

3. Enaithor

Ya but the stupid thing is like it's obviously a crush but even before I knew he was gay it was still way more extra than a normal crush >.>
    And er yeah he would just think that I'm plain odd if I randomly started talking to him like that though >.>
    That's one of the annoying things, I don't have a proper excuse to talk to him

4. Smiley1123

Oh my gosh I am having the exact same problem. Or almost exact, I don't know if she's straight or not and its driving me crazy!!! I also think that I am not pretty enough to be with her.

I also have the same problem that I don't have a proper excuse to talk to her...So I don't have very much help for you, sorry. Just know that there is someone going through some of the same things that you are (*hug*)

5. Enaithor

*huggles* hehe
    Well the minute you find out she's a lesbian you'll go absolutely bananas

My guy is like quite obviously gay but I didn't actually know for certain, it was more just *gaydar explode*
    And then the other day one of my friends who is quite good friends with him said that he's gay

Hmmm oops I think I may have outed myself a bit
    Because she said earlier at town that he is gay to someone else in our group and then on msn I was like btw is he actually gay or just really camp and she's like actually gay

So yeah she is gonna be like wtf hehehe

6. Fiorino

I totally know what you mean, the "more than a crush" thing.

If I've learned something from my experience, go for it,
    go talk to him, don't pass up the opportunity because you're
    scared. Prepare in your head more or less what you want
    to say and then go for it. I promise it will be worth it.

Or is there an easier way you could get to know him-
    Facebook, MSN?
    (*hug*)

7. aerwolfen

well i think you need to grab the bull by the horns and just say hi,ask him if he is in one of your class's,by that you have already started a conversation, today i outed myself to a crush,and turns out he is gay himself,now for the planning on my part to get his attention,good luck with yours.

8. Enaithor

This is gonna sound really evasive and stupid but I'm just trying to make sure I do the most sensible thing possible...
    Yeah uh he's not in my year...at my school you can tell by the uniform what year they are in...so hmmmm is he in my classes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Yeah I know his facebook but I wouldn't know what to say
    So far my best excuse would be to add him saying its because he has awesome hair
    Which is just plain weird

9. JT

JT

Just add him on facebook. No one needs a reason to add someone on facebook. At least that's what the hordes of kids at my school who add every living being will tell you.

It's not uncommon to add someone on facebook if you attend the same school. Then, when you get the courage, you can facebook chat him! Small talk it.

10. Enaithor

I'm considering that
    But in general around here people only add people they know
    Like if someone random adds me I start asking mutuals like "who is this random" and that's what most people do
    Myspace is more for adding randoms, and I don't think he has that
    Not that I understand myspace anyway

11. Lucky Panda

"Not that I understand myspace anyway"
    lol, Amen!
    But, yes, you dont want to rush things and dive in head first. You have to test the water before jumping in. You should try and start by making friends with one of his. Then, with a little luck or so, he/she might introduce you two. ^^

12. Enaithor

I already am friends with a couple of his friends
    But there's no reason for us to be at the same place at the same time except at school
    Because we're not the partying type we're more the zomg lets go to town and eat and shop type
    And so we don't bring like 30 of us lol

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Not sure if adding him of facebook will accomplish much. If he has tons of pictures on his profile it might just make it even harder on you and he still might not chat with you.

I don't think it is weird at all to say hi to someone who you've seen passing you numerous times in the hallway. Take a deep breath when you see him coming towards you, and just say hi, seen you around a few times. I think saying something in person has a much better chance of a response than saying something over facebook. :slight_smile:

14. Enaithor

If I said hi to everyone I see passing in the corridors then it would just be ridiculous...it's a small-ish building and 1500 pupils. Maybe that's why we don't say hi to randoms in the corridors

Uh because of being in the same network I can already see his photos >.>
    And my voice etc FAILS so I'm not sure in person is a good idea :s

15. Myke

Myke Guest

Do you have any mutual friends? If you do, ask them to introduce you to him. Your best like is to try to make friends with him.

16. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I wouldn't call this an unhealthy obsession at all.

You have a friend that knows him, soo get her to introduce you when its just the 3 of you. You don' have to mention the crush bit, just say that you think he's really cool and someone you'd like to be friends with.

17. Enaithor

Errrrr as much as I would love to do that, that would be a really social epic fail :/
    And tbh I don't really have a reason to think he's cool, although I do think so anyways :s

#17 Enaithor, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  18. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Why would that be a social fail? Social means meeting new people.

You don't need a reason to think he's cool, even just 'you look like a cool guy that i'd like to get to know' would cover it :wink:

What do you have to lose?

19. Enaithor

Lol
    Idk he would just be like "Oooookkkk thennn" *runs away*
    I have everything to lose D:

20. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Such as?