1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go about all of this....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by angela, Mar 29, 2009.

1. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never been able to tell anyone my story so heres my chance. I am a junior in highschool. Ever since i was in maybe 6th or 7th grade i always looked at how the girls dressed or looked and never really was into guys. In 7th grade this guy asked me out and i said yes because id never had a boyfriend we dated for a year on and off but never saw eachother because our school shut down, i never even kissed him. Then nineth grade rolled around and me and him were talking but as friends i think and i told him that i had thought about kissing this girl . It was really weird so i kept it between me and him ,for weeks i wondered what it would be like to kiss her. But i pushed that feeling away for almost a year. At the end of 9th grade i started dating this guy Drake we kissed but never more than a peck. we dated for 7 months and then broke up at christmas time 10th grade. His bestfriend is gay and just so happens to be the girl i wanted to kiss in 9th grade well her and her ex(barb) broke up so i began talking to her ex just as a friend and then i sort of started having feelings for her. We hung out and i had my first girl kiss and we began dating she asked if she could tell people and i said ok so i came to school monday morning and everyone began to ask me about it. i dated barb for a monthh and then couldnt stand my sister making fun of me so i ended it. after that i said it was a stage and i was straight, over the summer i had a girl crush on my best friend and she liked me to but nothing ever happened. One day at the beginning of junior year the girl i wanted to kiss freshman year was sitting in front of me in chemistry class. her name is leah by the way lol anyways the thought of kissing her came to my mind after never thinking about it for over a year. that night me leah my ex bf drake and my ex gf barb all hung out. We were at a park and barb got dared to kiss me and then leah wanted to so i got to kiss her! i was so happy after that we hung out once at the park and she kissed me good bye then i got drunk for the first time with drake leah and barb. me and leah were inthe tent while barb and drake were getting more beer and i was out of it and laying back and she kissed me again iwent numb. then later that night we were all sleeping in leahs bed and she leaned over and gave me one last kiss. i havent stopped thinking about that kiss. She got back with barb though and their still together she doesnt like barb but doesnt want to be alone. One night when i was drinking again i was talkingto drake and it slipped that i liked leah then he told leah. months later drake mentioned that he told leah so i texted leah and told her i knew she knew and i was sorrry she said it was ok and we noow hang out all the time iunfortunately with her cureent gf which is my ex too lol no one knows except drake leah barb and my best friend. i havent even told my mom i was gay. how do you come out? what do i say?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, THAT was complicated. :slight_smile:

Honestly, the standard rule is someone who is dating somebody else is off-limits. Even if that person doesn't really like their current special someone. Even if they're "all wrong from each other". If they're unhappy together, they'll break up on their own, and you can make a move then. Until then, let them be together.

As far as coming out, that's kind of a whole different thing. It'll depend on your school, your parents, your friends.

Lex

3. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    haha sorry i know its very confusing. me drake leah and barb are all weird lol

first leah dated barb
    then i dated drake
    then i dated barb
    then leah is now dating barb again
    and drake has a boyfriend lol

4. olides84

Yay, I followed the story, even though there weren't any paragraphs (friendly recommendation for the future) :slight_smile:

And I would have bet 100 dollars that Drake was gay from your initial post :grin:

Finally I agree with Lex on dealing with Leah.

OK, to your question at the end. Do you want to come out to more people right now? How is it effecting you to only be out to the group you are now? Which people do you want to come out to - friends or family or both? What is the environment like at home - how have your parents reacted when gay issues are in front of them (gay marriage debate, gay people on tv or elsewhere, etc.) Maybe with some answers to these questions, some people can give advice about the ifs, hows, and whens of coming out.

5. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    i hate only being out to 4 people but i know people will never look at me the same once i do come out. ive only told leah that i was 100% gay though :/ she helps me through everything. my mom always rags on gay people too :/