1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont see the point anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Jun 28, 2007.

1. hoping

i dont see the point of coming out tommorrow anymore my mum wont believe me when i say im gay. so why waste my energy ive already said im gay and she doesnt believe me. so im just going to ask this guy to come over and we can just talk openly about us being together and maybe even making out

2. 24601

lol - that'll show her. In reality, have you tried sitting down and telling her seriously, face to face, that you're gay? Or is she just showing signs of denial, saying that it'll pass or that you can't possibly like men? If it's the latter, that's normal, and it's not that she doesn't believe you, but that she is going through a period of parental denial. Someone has a link about it that I'm sure they could post, though I don't remember what it is. Also, if you talked about this all in another thread, I apologize for being an idiot.

It was at the top of the page durr.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930

#2 24601, Jun 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  3. Zec24

Hoping,
    I can relate to your situation, only I'm already out to my parents. They don't seem to believe me either, although my dad says he is fine with it if I actually am. They just don't believe me because I've never had a relationship with a male or female. They don't understand how I could possibly know either way unless I've been involved with someone.
    As emosewa pointed out, it could be denial. Then again, it might also be that they need physical proof as you suggested (making out with your bf). Or it wont seem real to your parents until you bring someone home. Either way, its difficult on parents when they learn about their child's sexuality so as everyone on this site has suggested to me, I'm going to say give them time to get used to the idea.

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

Just wait. She'll come around. My dad's still in slight denial. He was in it for a while though. I bet it's just the initial shock. Everyone comes around evantually.

5. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think denial can be really heavy. I told my adoptive mother a couple of days ago. She emailed me back and said that she didn't understand what I meant by saying I was gay. I wanted to email back and say "is there more than one definition for gay". I just wonder if it is a kind of denial she is experiencing. She is an intelligent women and just two weeks ago she knew what gay meant and how to discount it. Denial I suppose.:eek:

6. kimbo123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i no what u are going through i throw hints to my family and they take it like a joke....yes it is going to piss u off but u she will eventually come around.....but it will wrk out for u if u just sit with her and talk to her and lay it out as i am not jokin....and she will understand.....
    kim