1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my best friend's confused too,

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SuchARush, Mar 30, 2009.

1. SuchARush

Last time I posted on here was advice to tell my friend to stop teasing me about my sexuality , she guessed about. It worked - I told her to stop and it was winding me up so she apologised very deeply and everything seemed to be fine again. I didn't 'fess up the fact that she was right and I did infact fancy girls but I liked no-one talking about my sexuality , and trust me it's been a long time when it hasnt been the only topic of conversation.

I wanted to tell her very soon though but then I began picking up on what she's saying and I've realised I don't think she's too sure of her sexuality herself and perhaps she's just teased me to mask her feelings.

Things she said :

":***: I hate this world and everyone. why can't life just be easy?:***: :***:"
    I thought it was just her being her normal slightly over-dramatic self so I just said "just the way it is , I'm affraid. Sadly , some have got it easier than others. Nothing you can do about it"

Then she started getting even more dramatic and aggressive so I asked whether she wanted to talk, she replied "no, I don't want to talk until I'm sure about thing myself"

This rung alarm bells with me and I began thinking she may be struggling with her sexuality.

Then she said she only watches skins because the problems adressed help her. she thinks I don't watch skins but I know ALL the storylines. I know that she isn't a druggy and I am convinced she is referring to the Emily/Naomi lesbian storyline.
    She also happens to be a fan of only those two actresses yet none of the other characters on her facebook.

Everythings begun to piece together. The thing is, I've been someones soldier to cry on when they came out as gay before and I felt like a horrible hypocrite living a lie of false advice and I'm scared of that again. :eusa_liar

Would me explaining my feelings be a help or a hinderence to how she feels? :help:
    Or have I misread the signs through my own confusion, but Im pretty sure everything adds up.

2. InaRut

It could never hurt to share your feelings. It could help alot to get some of these hidden feelings off your chest...The first time you come out is always the hardest (judging from your out status this is your first time...), but it becomes easier and easier with each time you do it. I never thought I'd be in a place where I can say to a girl (If she has a crush on me), "I'm gay." without my heart pounding feeling like it's going to pop out of my chest...But it's pretty easy.

[If your confused by that statement..I'm male...I feel I need to out myself anytime a girl gets a crush on me]

The only problem is...she seems pretty defensive about her sexuality...usually a sign of this is when they talk in "riddles." She wants to tell you, but she can't. So maybe if you come out to her, she might take offense to it.

If this happens explain to her that you just need a friend...Make it seem like she is helping you not the other way around.

:slight_smile: Good Luck!

3. SuchARush

Thank you 'InARut' :slight_smile: That is a very helpful way of explaining things.

I will think about your advice, I will try to talk to her I just hope she doesnt take it offensively like you said. but however if she does I will continue following your advice