1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shark567911, Nov 6, 2016.

1. shark567911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    whenever i heard coming out advice, everyone said that ill feel so great after coming out. I came out to my sister and her reaction was fine but idk why i dont feel relieved. i feel so conflicted and upset and confused. why am i feeling like this. Did you go through this too? why am i so stressed:confused::bang::icon_sad:

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I told my brother in January I felt some of the same feelings you are, his reaction was fine, but for the next week I felt kind of awkward about it and re questioned him about how he felt about it, he was fine with it. It took me awhile to be happy that I came out to him, but now it is fine.

I just came out to my parents on Friday and I felt nervous at first, but then I talked to my mom and everything was fine, I have felt happy about this decision since I made it, it is such a freeing feeling.

I think the reason you may be feeling this way is because you opened yourself up, you feel vulnerable, this is probably something you have kept to yourself for a long time and now someone else knows, it is a new feeling and takes some time to get used to.

Good luck with coming out I wish you the best!

3. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

I'm not sure but I'm a a little worrried about that banging the head against the wall..

i'm wondering though, is she the first? maybe you werent very worried about her? and are worried about everyone else?

just wondering. It really is a relief when you dont have to hide from anyone anymore - are there others who's opinions are worrying you?

Are you worried she'll tell someone? i dunno

anyways - keep working it out, easy does it!! :slight_smile:

Take care :slight_smile:

4. Linkmaste

Well I can tell you that I feel the exact same way with my parents. They say it's fine but I'm kind of waiting someone to pull the rug and say surprise!

Keep talking to your sister. Explain you're feeling anxious and need a little more support and reassurance. You're doing good.