1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feelings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by johndeere3020, Nov 7, 2016.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, When I told my brother that I was not straight I could hardly say the words. Then I was like I was on a high for a couple of weeks. After that all I wanted to do is cry every time I was alone. Now the last couple of days its like whatever.

Is this the way it is gonna be forever?

2. Linkmaste

Hello,

First of all congrats on coming out to you're brother. Everyone has a unique way and it takes a lot of bravery to do that.

I think too many people put the pressure on coming out feeling like the best thing ever. Mind you it does feel good. A huge weight has been taken off but you have other emoirooms as well from being anxious to tired to crying.

Many people compare it to the five stages of loss or grievence of death when it comes to sexuality or coming out. I used to scoff at it but looking at my life it was very clear which stages were which.

For you, if you feel like you're alone dont. People are here for you. Also if you need to bring it up then by all means bring it up again! Please don't feel that coming out is like a one time thing and you can never utter the words.

By the way I couldn't say lesbian or I'm gay either. Its normal and as long as you got to hehe point across.

Combination of feelings is expected not just feeling happy.

3. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Dean,

You should expect the ups and downs to continue as you continue to come out. It's normal. Will it last like this forever? No.

You've said that you're out to just a few people. Are you going to come out further to more people in your life? During my coming out, it became increasingly difficult for me to be half out and half in during this process. By remaining in the closet to some and out to others was a challenging place to be and added some stress to me. I have resolved that issue by continuing my coming out and not allowing myself to stay closeted to just about anyone.