1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my counselor?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kye, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Kye

Kye

I've been going to a counselor at my college for about a month now, and I haven't told him yet that I'm genderfluid- I'm not sure whether I should do though, as I'm kinda afraid that he'll think I'm weird or something :confused:
    Help would be appreciated xx
    - Kye

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel because I had came out to two counselors and they both gave unexpected responses. In fact, one came out and told me that he was very religious and was a homophobic. However, once I persuaded to see my third counselor...I waited a couple of months to get to know him before I revealed my sexual identity. That way...I got to know him well enough to see if it would be good to tell him for my benefit and not against it. Fortunately, it was a good thing to do. Therefore, it all depends on how you feel about him in regards to having a good connection and is he easy to talk to and how responsive he is to your issues or what you have shared with him thus far.

3. Guff

I told my christian councilor I'm gay. He said therapy is about helping you be the best you by your standards. And said his religious views will not hinder his councilor duties.