1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wonder if she really means what she says?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bettyrebel, Nov 10, 2016.

1. bettyrebel

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I havent came out to anyone. I am unsure but also coming to terms with the fact im bisexual or a lesbian. I am still figuring out my details. I heard my mom talking about how she cant understand why gay marriage became legal. She was saying that marriage was for a boy and a girl. I heard her tell someone two people of the same sex were friends and thats it. . . :icon_sad:
    I literally am shocked she says stuff like that. i dont get it. i dont get how she could actually think that. she cant really believe that? it makes me kinda scared what would she think about me?

2. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Often, when people are completely ignorant of LGBT stuff, they say stuff like that...

Its generational too..

some people grow up and live without ever meeting an out person, and dont know much about LGBT except what they are told

and sometimes no one tells them something except anti-LGBT propaganda

unless you have a reason to learn about LGBT, most people just avoid thinking about it....

also, when you dont know much a bout LGBT, or aren't exposed to the reality of it...

sometimes its "the unknown"... and sometimes people can become very afraid of the unknown...

its common. Its like - maladaption. She needs to readapt herself to reality - she is maladapted. Its a process :slight_smile:

often when a family member comes out - THAT motivates people to actually think more and learn more :slight_smile:

Take care!!!!! :slight_smile: