1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Come Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katecp, Nov 11, 2016.

1. katecp

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here are the facts:
    - a few people know I am gay
    - a few people suspect I'm gay
    - I have a crush
    - I want to ask her out
    - I am ready to be out
    - I am not prepared to actually come out

Should I be bold and ask her out and possibly ruin any previous relationship we had, or do I just wait to be outed/a new out girl comes along?:eusa_eh:

2. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

from a TV show :" its not the ones when you get shot down, or it doesn't work out, that bother you - its the ones where you never tried.."

go for it hun :slight_smile:

3. Agirlhasnoname

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :slight_smile:I would definitely go for it, just bring it up and state you don't want to ruin your current relationship and see what she says. Just be yourself, have fun! If you don't feel completely ready to actually come out then don't, but you can still be happy in the process.

4. Romancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you come out? It's simple...you tell the other person that you are gay! If you are not ready, then wait until you are.

As for your crush, if being honest with her ruins your current relationship with her then so be it. What you're saying is that you would rather hide who you really are from her and keep things the way they are than be honest and open and take a chance that she will feel differently about you.

In the final analysis, coming out is not about other people, it's about you and what you need to do to be free and open and proud of who you are.

There are lots, and lots, and lots of other fish in the sea...if you are closeted, you might never be able to catch any of them!