1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel forced to come out early

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by i am just me, Nov 13, 2016.

1. i am just me

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am coming more and more to terms with my sexuality and gender identity and I feel ready to come out to close friends and family (at least about my sexuality. Gender is still confusing) Of course I am a bit scared, but it's not too bad. I'm planning to tell my sister and parents when I visit them over the weekend in two weeks. It's really important to me to come out to them in person.

The problem is, my dad is kind of angry with me at the moment because of something I promised to do but did not because I have spent every free minute thinking and learning about orientation and gender. The topic has occupied my mind so much I am hardly able to focus on both this and university. There really isn't any capacity inside my head for a third thing.

But of course my dad doesn't know and keeps sending me messages asking why I haven't done a thing. I told him I couldn't because I was so busy studying, but he doesn't really believe me and thinks I am just lazy. By now I am really close to just sending him a text saying how confused I am about everything at the moment. I don't want to come out like that, but I feel like I have to in order to stop him from being angry with me. At the moment his anger adds another thing to worry about to my general feeling of confusion.

I guess I am the only one who can decide what to do, but I'd be really grateful for your advice and support.