1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling My Family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by REGular Crisps, Nov 13, 2016.

1. REGular Crisps

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have not came out to a single family member only close friends. I am too afraid to tell my family that I am gay because of their religious background. They believe people like me are hell bound abominations. How do I tell the people who raised me that I am something they do not want me to be? How on Earth do I get over this fear?

A part of me believes that there is no way to get over this fear. The only way to deal with the fear is to just come out all the way. There is another part of me though, saying that I can just live life happily without letting them know but I don't think that's possible. I don't want to deny my family the truth even if it hurts them.

:bang::bang::bang:

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Courage is not the absence of fear. It is doing what you know you need to do in spite of your fears.

Be courageous! You can do it.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Parasonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ask your parents the hypothetical question: If one of their children is gay, how would they handle it? Or, if they would get suspicious, come out to them, and if they're angry, disappointed, etc., tell them that whoever made you made you gay for a reason and that it shouldn't affect your relationship with your parents. It was not your choice to be gay, that is how you are made. So don't be ashamed and tell your parents not to be ashamed either.