1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling depressed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by diegon3, Mar 31, 2009.

1. diegon3

well i just received a letter from the university i really wanted to attend but it was just an invitation to get wait listed i really dont need to say much more than that for anyone to understand and i got a backup school and i also know there is still a chance to get in but its so hard for me so much work i have put on my education and to have this opportunity lost is killing me i dont know what to do anymore i feel like giving up i know i wont in the end but its so hard seeing all that work go to waste

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Universities do that. You're still very young though. lol It's not that bad. Did you do okay on placement tests? I failed mine the first time through but when I retested I scored a 95% on writing/reading and got up to 4 levels in math out of 6. :slight_smile:

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You can always come talk to me you know. :wink:

I promise my wall posts wont be as big as last time. lol But I told ya' I'd explain it. Btw, you never wrote me back on it. What did you think?

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, sorry to hear that you didn't get the letter you were hoping for. (*hug*)

But as you have said there is still a chance. In the meantime, think about the backup school. The effort and work that you put in was not a waste. All the efforts that you put into your education have still paid off and will continue to do so.

At times backup schools can be as good (if not even better) than your first choice. It doesn't really matter to which university you will go to. What matters is the effort that you put in and what you make of your education. You still have an opportunity to go to a university. Take that opportunity. If you find that your don't like it at your backup university you can always apply to transfer to another university.

Hope this helps!

5. Jim1454

I'm sorry you have been disappointed. I know this is really important to you right now. But later on, it actaully doesn't matter which university you attended. It matters how you perform in your job.

So you never know... this might be a blessing in disguise. However it turns out, YOU can make the best of it. Good luck.

6. miowen

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Depression is one of those disorders which most people face in there life as some stage for one reason or the other. If it's children the pressure of studies gets over their head and if it's adults the pressure of work attracts depression.
    The best way to get over depression is to keep your self busy with things you like doing and try and evaluate the reason behind your depression. I know it's very tough to get over it but once you can get to the root of the cause you can easily get over it.