1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nightowl88, Nov 16, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been coming out as bi/pan at school and am getting ready to come out as trans soon and have run into some issues. First of all before I can come out at school I have to tell my father that I'm trans which I am terrified to do. Second of all I've been having issues with having to explain what pan is. I don't really know how to explain nonbinary genders to people since I don't have experience with it and a lot of kids have never heard of it and it's gotten to the point where I get frustrated and say I like who I like deal with it. And a random excitement thing on gender is that today I had my first meeting with the social worker st my school she helped my friend through the coming out process and while I haven't told her yet it's a big step in the right direction.

2. Smores

I'm happy to hear that you got to talk to someone who can help you. Usually when I explain pansexual, I say, "hearts before parts" or I say that pansexual people don't see gender. That's just what has worked best for me.