1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to a Teacher

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tashhhhy, Nov 18, 2016.

1. tashhhhy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    okay so last week on tuesday i went to the deputy head of my school who happens to have been my english teacher last year n someone who i really trust, and i went with full intentions of coming out to her, but i couldn't. i just couldn't say the words; even though she was sooo supportive and i implied that im gay and she was so so understanding and sweet, but i can't help but feel disappointed and annoyed at myself for not telling her im bi, but i just couldn't do it.
    i really wanna go back and speak to her some time this week and actually say it but i don't want to freeze up again??
    ive tried saying it to myself in the mirror and i can it's just telling people that i struggle with...

any advice ???

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See if you can't get her while she's not in another class or something, maybe even after school. A lot of times, coming out to a teacher can be far more rewarding than you might imagine.

Maybe you can even just write a note about it and leave it on her desk. Invite her to talk to you, because then she really knows that you trust her.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey tashhhhy,

What about writing "I'm Bi" or "I'm Bisexual" on a notecard or piece of paper? Sometimes, just saying it to another person is SO hard! But if you voice fails you, while your resolve doesn't, simply hand her the note.

Could that work for you?

Best of luck!:slight_smile:

4. ChameleonSoul

In my own experience, the one teacher I came out to in high school kind of assumed I was gay after I asked questions and said some things that made it very obvious. I was in the same position that you were in and things ended up turning out well. If your teacher doesn't ask you about it in private like mine did, I'd take the note route and leave it on their desk or something. If you're afraid of having someone else reading it, you could also think about sending an email or something if you have any of their contact info.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd guess that your teacher pretty much knows what you were going to say, but like a good friend doesn't want to jump the gun, and wants to let you say it in your own way. So I'd give it another shot. She is probably thinking "Oh I hope so-and-so comes around and gets that off her chest."