1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out yesterday, feel wierd today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CL1990, Nov 22, 2016.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi! im 25 and after a very eye opening first therapy sessions that made me aware of the shitty situation I have put myself in over the years something came into me and I just had to come out to my mom. I was just at work and something clicked. I went home and called my mom on Skype and told her straight away...not ideal but It was as if I was possessed...anyway...she took it well we even joked and all that (I didn't expect any different) but today I feel weird, I still feel very nervous and I don't know why...has anyone else experienced this?

2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its a common feeling after coming out, you feel extremely vulnerable right now. It sounds like your mom took it well, that should be encouraging to you once you become comfortable with other people knowing your "big secret".

Congrats on telling your Mom that is a big step.

3. LeHLNK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At this point it probably already happened, but how did you feel after you saw your mom face to face, coming out in a skype call is kind of a semi isnt it? what happened next?

4. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my mom and me live in different countries...honestly it was hard enough to do it through skype would have never had the courage to do it face to face...

5. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's difficult to do that in every situation, but congratulations, it took a lot of courage. Don't feel bad, and don't question yourself. There's nothing wrong with you; you are great and we're all very proud of you:slight_smile:

6. AJ Bee

Yes! I found every step of the coming out process I got more nervous after. Recently I finished coming out to extended family, and the day after my girlfriend met them all, and it went fine, nobody really cared.. but I had nightmares that it didn't go well. On the bright side, it didn't last forever. I am back to normal, only better because now they know.

7. Rozco

This happened to me too...only out to two of my close friends but the day after I sent them a long letter about it I felt weird. Kinda excited, kinda scared, but like a whole new world opened up. Been nervous since I came out (last week, don't worry not too long) but I guess this is normal.

8. pasinhose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. After I came out to someone I know it felt like my head would explode. I was a wreck for two days but then started to calm down. You will be okay.