1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tired of hiding

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by angela, Apr 1, 2009.

1. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    I dont know what to do anymore :/
    I thought i had it all figured out id wait until i graduate next spring and then come out :/
    but i cant wait that long.
    when people say things about gays or whatever i just want to scream " YOUR TALKING ABOUT MEE!" to them....they dont even realzie it though. one reason i think i fell for leah. she knows who i am and she still is always there. She knows what im going through and where imm coming from.
    Me and my best friend ashley had a talk the other night
    itss like no matter what ill alwayss like her and i want to date herr just shell never mean as much as leah.
    leah is the reason i am the way i am.
    maybe i should be blaming her that im gay :/
    i could never though.
    i just want to bee outt.
    any words of advice to get me through the next year or so in hiding?

2. Greggers

I fully understand not wanting to come out in highschool.

I also fully understand how hard it is not to be out and to take all your friends homophobic remarks to your face without being able to answer them back.

If i had to give you advice, it would be come out to at least one person. Someone you would trust your life on, who would never tell a soul. Your going to need someone to at least vent to of the least of things. Support, Guidance, a shoulder to cry on, these are all important things and even if you only have one person for these things its sooo important to have :slight_smile: EC is a great way to get these things, but its just...not the same as in real life, ya know?

And just remember - Highschool is just a tiny speedbump in the road of life. It will be over and done before you know it, and it wont even really effect anything else :slight_smile:

3. revolutionrock

Well, firstly, don't be so attached to the date that you pass up what might be perfect opportunities. You never know what the situation will be a year from now. :slight_smile:

Secondly, a year goes by really fast. Especially if it's your senior year. It is unimaginable, but there you go.

4. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    my small close group of friends knows im "bi" but only leah knows im "gay". its just i come from a family that is always judging me and just i know the day i come out is the dayy ill turn suicidal....it was badd when people found out i was with a girl. so i told them it was a stage and im completely straight. i hate knowing that even my so called best friends would turn away from me :/

5. Greggers

Ah, im sorry, im so tierd i mixed your orientation up with your out status

So you ARE out to some people, thats great! (*hug*) I would not worry about your family though. I could go on for hours about how i thought i was getting disowned by my parents when i told them, because it did not go well at aaaaall, but in the end they are still my parents and they know that. I find it hard to believe any parents in there right minds would out-right abandon a child for being gay. It may not go smoothly at first, but in the end they always come around :slight_smile:

6. Thisisnew

O I know how you feel when my family talks about gay stuff in a good way (there not homophobic) I just want to say well I'm gay it sucks having those feelings of having to hide yourself.

7. Lacan

Hang in there! Looking back now, I wish I had come out in high school, it would have been so much better for me in the long run. I think it's pretty much the hardest fucking thing to do, especially if you're not in a school or community that's supportive. Forcing yourself to stay in the closet when every part of you is screaming to come out of it and just be yourself is harder than coming out, I think. Be strong, don't let the negative attitudes and ignorance of those around you negatively affect you, and remember that we all have been there and love and support you!

8. angela

Out Status:
    Some people
    EC is like my new family. its the only place i can go where people support me and i really feel like someone cares and that people relate to me. thanks guys this means so muchh to me, knowing someone cares and is willing to help is unlike anythnig ive ever felt before

9. Lacan

Hey we've all been there and felt that awful mixture of fear, self-hatred, regret, and anger -- it gets better! and we're all here for you!

10. Kirakishou

Heh, I'm in the exact same position you are, I'm assuming you're a junior like me since you say next spring. I really desperately want to move out for college so I don't have to deal with my family anymore... That way, I can be who I am without leaking it to them. I don't know why I just have this immense fear of them knowing.
    All I can say is just wait, the year will pass by and it certainly helps that you have friends who can be "gay" to.