1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for total acceptance and love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Apr 2, 2009.

1. hoping

So first of all i have said on here before that i have autism and my so called before said he accepted it and it was fine but today after not hearing from him for a week on his online blog it said '' guys are like car spaces the good ones are all taken, the rest are disbaled''
    I have had 3 guys tell me before ryan that they dont want to be with someone with that and im honestly just sick of trying.
    He kept telling me that he cares about me so much and all this shit and then he just says something like that.
    Im done with guys always

2. Lacan

You, my friend, are beautiful. "Disability" is a pejorative for seeing the world differently. Embrace who you are -- I'm sorry you had trouble with guys in the past, but it's not all like that. Antipathy/prejudice to ideational diversity is gender-neutral. As far as total acceptance and love, any caring human being would feel that toward you. Everyone's fucked up; people just hide it in different ways. Be proud of your uniqueness, and if you're queer, so what? I have no idea who you are and will most likely never meet you, but you have my total acceptance and love. Be strong!

3. EM68

I am sorry he did that. What he did is totally wrong. Don't let one or two persons get you down. Your are a wonderful person and you will find someone who will love you for you! (*hug*)(*hug*)

4. Jim1454

Are you sure he's actually refering to you. As insensitive as the comment is, he might not be even thinking of you when he says it. I've heard that comment before - and it wasn't really meant to be hurtful towards those with disabilities...

Don't leap to conclusions. Don't ASSUME you know what someone is thinking. You need to ASK them.

Now... if he isn't speaking to you, despite you trying to contact him, then perhaps you have to conclude that he isn't interested in you any more. And that's a shame.

You can't give up hope though. But you do have to be cautious as to who you give your heart to next time...

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that he has said something like this (*hug*). But as Jim said, and I do agree that you should ask him what he meant by that. Not defending him here, but he might have just written it, without thinking that wait a second, I know someone, who will be hurt by that comment. Ask him, and remind him that he needs to think before he writes or says something.

Try contacting him, and you might also find out why he hasn't called or messaged you in a week. You have great qualities and you are a wonderful person. If things don't turn out the way you are/were hoping for, take a break. But never give up on finding someone who will really value, love you for you.

6. KeithJ108

How else could it be meant? :confused:

As someone with a disability I know how I'd take that if a bf ever said it.

No reason to stop looking for a guy though (and I really need to take my own advice on that too). As nasty as that comment was it doesn't mean your unlovable.
    I'm sure if you were trying to be mean about him you could say a few harsh words that you probably don't mean. If he's looking to break up he could be using your disability as an excuse ... if it wasn't that he'd find something else.

and Lacan's right EVERYONE is fucked up in some way. It might help to talk to him about it sometime.

#6 KeithJ108, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  7. Bryan44

I honestly believe that there is a guy out there who will love you for you, no matter what disability you may have. Not all guys are as shallow as your ex. Just hang in there!
    (*hug*) :kiss:

8. Alex19

yea, what everyone else said! ^

9. Greggers

As someone with a few disabilites under my belt, yea that is offensive. You can pass it off as a joke, as not being directed to you, a slip of mind, whatever you want to use as an exscuse, but in the end that is...wow....just very offensive.

The whole point of the joke is the only guys who are good are in a relationship and the rest are just disabled. I dont see many ways that can be taken :frowning2:

But - i would not hold it against him forever. You need to voice yourself, make sure he knows that it hurt your feelings, and then go on from there...