1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out message?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wolfwing, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Wolfwing

So all the times I've come out, which were to siblings, I've come out through text messages. Though, they all were either neutral or pro lgbt rights, so I knew that they'd be accepting and wouldn't really care. So the issue is I still need to come out to my dad and stepmom, who have both made their view on lgbt rights clear and they aren't really accepting people. I've been considering coming out and I've decided not to come out until I feel like I know for sure how I'm gonna do it. Simply because the other times I've come out were completely unplanned and just came out of nowhere. So, I've been considering coming out to them through a message for several reasons:
    ·First of all I have autism which means my social skills are lacking and I also have speech issues. Thus, I want to get my feelings and thoughts out perfectly and as clear as I possibly can.
    ·Secondly my lack of social skills means I both dislike and am not very good with confrontations.
    ·Thirdly I've been told both by people and my grades on writing assignments that I'm a good writer.
    ·Finally, every time I've tried to come out in a conversation, I chickened out of it before I brought it up. So, doing it through a message would remove the factors of face to face conversations and would probably make it easier.
    The only problem is that I feel like this way of coming out is too impersonal and that I should at least tell them face to face, since it's rather important news. So, should I come out through a message or should I come out through some other way, and if so how?

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about writing your message, and being there while they read it? You'll have the personal of being there and the clarity of your written thoughts.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: