1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out, always and forever

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zammie, Nov 28, 2016.

1. zammie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The coming out thing is getting old to me. I'm sick of HAVING to come out at all. I've been out as trans since I was 14, and I'm incredibly tired of having to casually say "Actually, I'm a they/them" or going through the whole process of pretending to be a cis girl around people and then having to come out once I know it's safe... It's getting old. Should I just let people find out on their own, or what? Because I don't know how long I can stay with the anxiety of being misgendered by every person I meet until I decide to point out that I'm genderfluid, and then being left with either "Oh, okay" or "I won't call you that".
    Does anyone have any advice?

2. loki is curious

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I totally get you. :slight_smile:

Firstly, yea, I totally get that coming out is getting hard but the unfortunate truth is that we live in a society where being trans or genderfluid isn't quite normal yet. This doesn't mean that we can't be unhappy about being misgendered, it just means that it's going to be tricky for it not to happen.

if you're interested in really letting people know, I suggest maybe getting a t-shirt or hat that says something blatant like "I'm a they" or "Genderfluid". There are plenty online for relatively cheap prices, and my friend tried the hat trick and everyone seemed to catch on. Your out status says you're out to everyone, so I'm assuming your family won't have a grudge against it? If so just put it in your backpack and put it on when you get to school.

Other options are maybe considering writing it on your hand? I'm not entirely sure. This is the best i've got. :slight_smile:

Hope I helped, if not I wish you good luck.
    -Loki

3. FreeDa

FreeDa Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My friend also has this problem. We talk for 5 years, and I do not know how to call ... he / she does not like my friend, but they \ it seems rude to me ...