1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted and scared of girls

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JellyBakedBean, Nov 28, 2016.

1. JellyBakedBean

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm closeted bisexual and have aspergers. I am really depressed though because I'm scared of girls and they pick up on it and avoid me or vilify me. I don't know if it's because I'm in the conservative South or I inadvertently come off as creepy but it's causing me anxiety (which sucks because I am already anxious about other things) and makes me want to avoid social situations. I try my best to not look at girls but it makes it even more obvious. It sucks. :frowning2:

2. I know I'm going to sound really cliche here but: who cares what those people think? It's not their place to judge you and I'm sure that the girls who do this are not poeple that you'd want to be around anyhow. Anxiety sucks, I know. My suggestion is to try and introduce yourself to one person or a group that you haven't really spoken with before and maybe just slowly open up to them a little if they are accepting. There's nothing to be scared about really, poeple are just people and ultimately only you can decide who and what gets under your skin. I've had depression and anxiety too so maybe I could try and help? (I personally consider myeslf bad at helping with things but apparently the general population does not agree with that assumption).

Fun fact about me: if a girl that I consider attractive so much as talks to me I turn into a turtle and my vocabulary is reduced to "yep", "sure", "ok" "maybe" and "uhh" with the occasional addition of me mentally screaming "why am I being hugged no I barely know you are we friends? Why am I this way."

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Go to science clubs, art lectures, meetings where people are more curious than judgmental. Also of course GSA or LGBTQ clubs, depending on where you are in school etc. There are more people like you than you suspect! And they're wishing they could meet you.

4. Geochick96

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my advice would be to find someone you feel comfortable with telling, possibly a close friend or sibling, and let them help you through any social situations that arise. Just don't give up on yourself. :slight_smile: