1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont want to hurt my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spidey, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Spidey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't want to hurt my mother. When she was pregnant with me she wanted a girl. She got a girl. Now that I am going to transition and become her son.I know I'm going disappoint her. She is mentally unbalanced to begin with and I fear she will have a nervous breakdown of something. I would rather stay miserable in a woman's body than to know I am the cause of anything that happens to her mentally.

2. Meatballs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If she really wanted a girl and you were born as a boy, I'm sure she would have loved you regardless. Of course, it's a lot more difficult now that she sees you as a girl, isn't it?

Has your mother been mentally unbalanced for most of your life? Or is it just lately? If she has been like this for quite some time, then it's unlikely she'll magically get better soon. Are you going to hold off coming out to her indefinitely? Maybe she will have a nervous breakdown. Maybe she won't. Maybe you won't come out to her, but something else will happen and she'll have a nervous breakdown anyway.