1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with a guy who's not sure he's gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wln, Dec 1, 2016.

1. wln

wln

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I need some advice, the situation i am in is quite complected and i don't know what to do.

So me and this guy have being going to school together a long time. 3 years ago he made kind of move on me and it ended up with him at my house and us doing stuff (no sex). After this we sometimes did stuff in school (pretty much hands stuff), we have been doing this a little bit over the last 3 years until it stopped this year. He starts to get interested in a girl and then he takes her to her formal/prom, but nothing goes further than this and they stop talking. Recently i made a move and we stated doing things in school again.

I should mention I have been in love with him for 3 years but every time we've talked about what we've done we never talk about it properly or seriously. I usually try to invite him round and it always ends up with him saying he cant with an excuse. I've never told him how I feel and now its getting to the point were i cant take not telling him. The reason i have never said anything is because i'm scared of the response.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey wln,

You've been friends with this guy quite a while. Do you have any reason to believe that if you tell him about your romantic feelings for him that he'll really overreact and not want to be friends anymore?

3. Gay Deputy

That's a tough spot to be in brother. At some point, if it were me, I'd sit him down and have the talk. Knowing full well, it may not go the way I want it to. If not, this could continue to boil inside you and affect you even worse. Wish I could say this is the last time this will happen also but it's not. It's a part of life that will continue. I've always found it best to confront it and pray for the best but be prepared for the worst. Just know either which way, you have friends here.