1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I didn't see THAT coming. [My mom]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Apr 3, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

I came out to my mom almost 2 years ago. It took her a few months, but she accepted it pretty quickly...or so I thought.

Shes still hoping the right guy will walk into my life, which she made apparant when yesterday she asked me what I would do if a man came into my life and I was attracted to him.

I really didn't want to get into anything with her [Ive been sick with a fever-thing all week], and so I told her basically, "whatever happens happens" her actions of cheering up/relaxing after that made it apparant to me she still thinks its a choice, or something along those lines.

What im assuming [and the reason im not asking her outright is because she will deny it] right now is that she considers me bisexual and not gay. Why? because I dont look like the stereotypical gay woman. I dont drive a truck, I dont listen to female-empowering folk music and I don't act like a boy.

On top of that, her boyfriend found out about my being Gay in about 10 seconds. So ive been enduring homophobic slurs for 2 years, and if it isnt that, hes trying to catch me "acting straight" or un-gayish or whatever you wanna call it.

What do I do?!

2. Miles D

that sounds horrible! I have no idea... she just need to get it through her thick skull that you like the ladies!!
    good luck, and sorry I don't have any advice.
    (*hug*)

3. MusicIsLife

(*hug*) Thanks :] My moms super stubborn, but I think I'm gonna wait till this fever thing passes before I try any sort of confrontational type of thing.

4. Fiender

As for her boyfriend, I'd tell him to step off. I know if my mom ever dated a guy that had a problem with gay people I'd lock him out and try to convince my mom to stop seeing him.

If he holds his wrists in even the slightest 'feminine' way, or if he does anything even remotely gay call him on it. See how much fun he has then.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I love "female empowering folk music"! Maybe there is hope Holly. :wink:

Seriously, your mom is stuck in denial. Until you have a long term relationship she's probably just going to keep on trying to fool herself.