1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If your parents are strict christians, show them this.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kronixx, Dec 7, 2016.

1. kronixx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The Bible, Christianity and Homosexuality - GayChurch.org

One of the best reads on the bible and homosexuality. It shows 6 commonly used excerpts from the bible and debunks them one by one. It really goes deep into the meaning of these excerpts and defines each sentence carefully.

2. OrchaidLover

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey if you have a similar one of these regarding atheism that would be awesome.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The "clobber" passages from the Bible are usually taken well out of context, but it is necessary to point out that some churches endorse a view that the Bible is inerrant, infallible and inspired directly by God, and must therefore be taken literally in every detail. It's an untenable and contradictory position that totally debases holy scripture, but it's one that is held by the biggest denominations in some parts of the world I'm afraid. So if your parents belong to a denomination that holds firmly to this view, you may struggle to change their mind. That's not to say you shouldn't try.

If you are a LGBT Christian yourself, you should definitely open your mind to a more mature understanding of the Bible and maybe join an affirming congregation from the Gay Church directory. There is no reason why you cannot be openly gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans and part of the Christian tradition.

4. Gay Deputy

That was a great read. Thank you for sharing. I've already passed it on to several friends. Thank you again!

5. FreeDa

FreeDa Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My parents accept only the part where I like men. They believe that my attraction to girls - it's wrong, and promiscuity. Perhaps, if I only like girls, they will sooner or later be reconciled. But every one of my guy as if giving them hope that I can build a normal, "decent" family ...