1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sons and (daughters)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BenFreeman, Dec 17, 2016.

1. BenFreeman

after much consideration I decided not to tell my aging stressed parents that I consider myself to be trans. there is a great deal of stress in the family for other reasons...i convinced myself that I should not do certain things like come out in order to avoid stressing them out further...certain people are ill...it could make it worse...
    I also sense that they do not want to know or at least that they would prefer me to be quiet about it
    A visit to my mother a few days back left me wanting to scream as she repeatedly called me her special daughter....I dropped hint after hint that these were the wrong words...but I was ignored...
    Later on I received a message to the effect that she had noticed many changes in me but that a mothers love for her DAUGHTER was unconditional...
    (scream)
    she is eighty

i just don't know how much longer I can do this. I sat in the park after wards and listened to the birds tweet...it just seemed that it would be easier to...no i'm NOT going to go down that route
    Now I don't want to go back to see her again
    I dont know how much longer I can do this

not in a good space
    it should be possible to do this out of respect to the aging, out of respect to the ill ...but...

2. BenFreeman

What does one do if parents refuse to see whats in front of them?
    And should this be bugging me so at my age?