1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good plan?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NoPlaceLikeHomo, Dec 19, 2016.

1. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family moves back and forth between California and Colorado a lot. I spent 7th grade at a school in Colorado, and am currently spending 8th grade in California, and we're planning to move back to Colorado and go back to the same school I was at before for 10th grade. I want to try and come out in the most clean-cut way possible, so I thought I'd come out to my parents in late summer shortly before 10th grade, and just go back to that school all the way out of the closet. Do you think this is a good idea? What would you do in my situation?

P.S., I'm fairly certain at this point that my parents are slightly homophobic, but not to the point that I'd be in any danger, or that they wouldn't be willing to learn.

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do it! Come out when your comfortable, though, don't feel pressured.

3. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that sounds like a good plan, but do it at whatever pace is most comfortable for you and those around you. And I am in the same boat as you with the slightly homophobic, but probably willing to learn to accept family. Good luck!