1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jeezy, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Jeezy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm 19 and I just want to come out as gay. But I am afraid that everything will change. I don't know if my parents are homophobic. I have a gay uncle that's been living with us and getting along with my parents well. Its just that I'm the only son and I don't want to disappoint them. I really want to come out because I want to love and be loved. I have never been in loved and I think I want to find someone who will love me as much as I love him. I hate being miserable all the time and feeling hopeless.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Jeezy,

Welcome to EC!

First of all, congratulations on coming here and writing this post. It takes a lot of courage to come out, even on the internet!

If you have an openly gay uncle living with you and your parents, this is already a positive thing. It means, at least, that your parents aren't aggressive towards gay people, and that's good!

Have you tried dropping hints? For example, while watching TV with your mother, you can try commenting on a good looking man you see on the TV, for example (something subtle, like "that's a good looking man", or "that man is cute"). From there, you can watch her reaction and see how things are going. Or you can ask her more directly, like: "I was watching some news about LGBT people and prejudice, and i do think they need to be respected. What do you think, mom?".

Or, if you are ready to come out, you can start planning the best way to do it: Through letter, e-mail, talking to your mom/dad first and not both at the same time, telling your uncle, etc. But, if you prefer to drop hints first, that's ok, sure! Take your time. :slight_smile: