1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got it done!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Coldflame, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Coldflame

So last week I told my mom hat I really wanted to talk to her about something that had been bothering me for quite a while. She agreed to fly out here and spend the weekend. On friday, I finally worked up the courage to tell her over dinner. :eusa_danc (!)

It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but better than what I had feared. She was accepting of it, but was still very shocked about it. I just started saying things about what kind of stuff I had found out through research and such, just to fill in the awkward silence. After that we started to talk and ended up staying up very late friday night drinking while I spilled everything I had been keeping from her for the past few years. I told her about telling my friends, my first time to a gay bar, about the guy who I met, everything. Mostly we also talked about how to tell the rest of the family.

We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out, sight seeing, and shopping. We actually have become a lot closer because of the experience!:slight_smile: I could definitely tell she was starting to get used to the idea, because as we were walking down the street, she did a double-take. When I asked her what happened, she said she saw a man who was "totally checking me out". We both laughed about it. :lol:

So we decided that I would wait until I was done school to tell him in person, because I felt my dad might be upset that I didn't trust him to take it well. However it still is really bugging me. In the end I might ask her to tell him for me, but she was worried that he would want to talk to me afterward, and I wouldn't be around. I also suggested writing him a letter and having my mom give it to him, but we decided against it, and it's too late to change my mind.

So basically I just wanted to tell you guys what happened this weekend. I also wanted to thank you guys for your support. (&&&) I would also like to know what you think I should do about my dad. He is definitely going to be the hardest one to tell. Still, I'm really glad things went well with my mom.:icon_bigg

2. Greggers

Awwww that is so great (*hug*)

Im so glad its brought you closer together with your mom! And who said Coming Out had to be scary pfft :slight_smile:

3. Eleanor Rigby

Great ! I'm happy for you !
    Take care, Eleanor

4. Lumi Nie

It is so great that you told your mom and, by the way you described it, she seems a wonderful mom to treat you like that after knowing who you really are. :slight_smile:

Considering your dad. Maybe you could be with your mom while you tell him?

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

That is great, congrats! (*hug*)

6. Coldflame

Well I think that is the plan so far. Still, I'm very nervous about it. I still don't really know how to properly broach the topic. My mom suggested that all I really could do is just sit down and straight out say it, though I feel that is a little too blunt for my tastes. For my mom, I just brought up the fact that it always used to bug me that she would accuse me having like a billion girlfriends that I would refuse to tell her about. Obviously I can't do that for him because he doesn't seem to worry about that part of my life. What do you guys think?

7. Thisisnew

Congrats :slight_smile: as for telling your dad do what feels right for you.

8. Alex19

congrats! your mom kicks ass!

9. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congrads dude!!! im glad that you told your mom......and i sure it will be fine when you tell your dad... You are a strong person for coming out to them!