1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shadowgirl37, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think at this point i have led up enough to come out to my siblings in a funny/witty way to ease the tension. I know with my younger brother he probably wont care and I think he suspects it anyway, and my older brother could go either way, but he is leaving for college in a few months, so worst come to worst, he will be gone for a while. Anyone have a funny way to come out? thanks

2. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Shadowgirl, I dont know if you watch Rose and Rosie on YouTube (they are a really funny couple that helped me get through a lot and I highly recommend them). But a couple years back Rose uploaded a video with a few methods of coming out to your parents in a funny way. I think you can use a few of them for your siblings as well. I'll leave a link to the video :slight_smile:. I really liked the vid and i'll probably use one of these methods in the future. Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJ5basR81M

3. repressed

I have always wanted to come out with a joking and funny way because the whole situation is so awkward and weird! I was never brave enough so good for you! I used to want to tell my friends with a joke about how I can't walk/think/draw straight. I used to think of random gay jokes all the time that would crack me up but I was afraid to tell anyone else. I think it would be funny to write it on a cake. Also Ally Hills is a lesbian YouTuber and she made a coming out song that I always wanted to send to my family. It would be funny to play charades and act out coming out. Maybe play scrabble and spell it. Now I'm just trying to live through you lol. I wish you luck and I hope all goes well.

4. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Bake cookies. Write "GAY" on cookies. Say "you are what you eat" then eat the cookies. All of them. Not only do you get cookies, you come out in a funny way at the same time. I'm planning on doing this with my extended family. In addition, you could offer them cookies that say "supportive sibling" on them, and they can eat those.

5. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ask them to help you get something out of your closet. Once in there, welcome them to your home, but say that you're moving soon.